Are my breasts supposed to be this shape through the bottom in the healing process? (photo)

I am 3.5 months post-op. I had a mastopexy and 400cc silicone implant under the muscle, resulting in a lollipop scar. Since surgery, I have lost 20lbs. It is apparent through clothing and sports bras that my breasts aren't round through the bottom. Also, my nipples are very high and stick through clothing and bras. Have they not "dropped" yet? My PS saw them 1 month ago and said they looked great but I'm not convinced yet.

Breasts should be perkier

and not so bottom heavy as yours are.  I would agree with your assessment and unless you wanted that appearance, better results can be achieved by shortening your inferior pole.  There are many ways to achieve this from revision mastopexies to changing the position of the implants or even the type of implants (shaped).  Costs will vary considerably by what is chosen.  Once nipples peak above the bra, you need something done.

Revision Surgery Could Help

I'm sorry to read about your disappointment. From the photos that were submitted, it appears that either the nipples were placed too high or there was "bottoming out" of the implants. Repositioning the nipples to a lower point is difficult. The bottoming or stretching of the skin in the lower aspect can be improved by converting the lift to an inverted-T shape and excising skin from the lower pole. The capsule can be tightened, and potentially the use of an acellular dermal sling could help, as well. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

If you are unhappy with the results of your surgery, schedule a follow up with your surgeon and discuss available options to cor

If you are unhappy with the results of your surgery, schedule a follow up with your surgeon and discuss available options to correct your breast.

It appears as though your breasts have "dropped" at this point. Some surgeons have you wait 6-12 months before they will operate again. 

All the Best.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Implants

The implants are predominantly occupying the lower portion of the breast with little fullness over the upper pole. You need a horizontal incision over the infra mammary fold to decrease the vertical distance from the nipple to the fold. This may correct your problem, but I also feel that the nipple position is a bit too high. A high nipple is hard to correct.

Matthias Solomon, MD

Bottoming out of a breast implant following a vertical mastopexy and implant

You have a very clear case of bottoming out of your implants.  This occurs when the distance from the nipple to the crease increases.  As the implant drops the nipple rotates up.  If you only had a vertical mastopexy the correction would be to reduce the distance from the nipple to the crease by making an incision in the inframammary crease as well as an inferior capsulopexy.  

Lower pole stretch

Hi.  To me, based on your photos, it looks like the distance from the nipple down to the fold is too long.  This can be improved by taking some skin out at the fold area and converting your "lollipop" design breast lift to a short-T design.

Speak to your surgeon about this option.

You have bottoming out

I am sorry about your issues post aug/lift. The position of the implant is too low and need to have revision for the implant repositioning and lift .Your before pictures would have been helpful.
The disadvantage of the lollipop lift is long nipple to fold distance.
The lack of inframammary fold support and large implant has caused bottoming out. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Are my breasts supposed to be this shape through the bottom in the healing process?

Sorry for your post op issues. Yes you have dropped and yes the N/A complexes are place to high in my over the internet opinion. You need ONLY IN PERSON second opinions to try to solve your issues.. 

Are my breasts supposed to be this shape through the bottom in the healing process after breast lift and implants?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Your breast implants have dropped significantly which is causing this shape that you see and causing the nipples to look high.  This prosthesis is called bottoming out.  You may need a revision of your left which involves excising more skin from the lower portion of the breast and possibly a supportive sling of acellular dermal matrix.  Please discuss this with your plastic surgeon.