Mini tummy tuck 3 years ago, not satisfied with mini results! (photos)

Can I convert to full tt, belly button was not floated, muscles were not plicated and I have lots of loose skin hip to hip, do I have enough skin to keep scar low if I get a full tt?

Mini tummy tuck 3 years ago, not satisfied with mini results!

Without a physical exam- it's difficult to determine exactly how much skin can be removed at this time. I'm always surprised at how much skin can be removed with an Abdmoniplasty. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Full TT

A mini does nothing itself to prevent a full later. It depends on how much/how stretchy your upper abdominal skin is. Too much tension can cause severe healing problems. An in-person exam will confirm your options/limitations.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Can I have a full tummy tuck

Thanks for the question.  A full examination will always be most helpful, but I believe that a full tummy tuck could be done.  Placating of the muscles should always be done, limited liposuctioning could be done, but be aware that a limited vertical scar may exist from the downward displacement of the circular scar that would have to be made around the belly button.  In almost all cases, this would still be better than having too loose an abdominal shape.  I would not advice you having a tummy tuck until you have had your children, or until such time as you would decide that you don't expect having the abdomen stretch out again by pregnancy or weight loss.  This would always be discussed in a consultation in the office.
Good luck to you.Frank  Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Full TT

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture a full TT can be done, but need to be seen physically. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

Based on your photos but without an examination, you appear to be a good candidate for a   full tummy tuck and liposuction of selective areas. It is difficult to tell whether in fact you are a good candidate for those procedures without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, realistic expectations, and whether you are finished having children. The scar which would be longer can be placed below your current scar which would be removed.

If a member of my family underwent these procedures, they would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Traditional tummy tuck after mini

In my experience, only a small percentage of women are good candidates for a "mini" tummy tuck procedure.  This is because most women have separation of their abdominal muscles and loose skin above the belly button after pregnancies and weight loss.  These issues are not addressed with a mini procedure.  If someone who needs a traditional tummy tuck undergoes a "mini" procedure, the results will be unsatisfactory.  You can certainly undergo a traditional abdominoplasty after a mini tummy tuck.  It will take a physical examination to determine how much skin can be removed. Even if all the skin below the umbilicus cannot be removed, you can still achieve a low scar and a nice result.  Seek a consultation from a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Unfortunately you have had an unsatisfactory experience already. If you are not satisfied with the recommendations of your surgeon, there's nothing wrong with seeking a second opinion. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Sorry based upon the review of your posted photos I do not think you are a candidate for Full TT!...

It is hard to give specific advice from just seeing your photos and not being able to pinch and move your skin around. To get a full tummy tuck with translation of the belly button you need to have loose skin above the belly button. There is definitely more than can be done as it is obvious that you still have loose skin below your umbilicus. It is best for you to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to figure out exactly what you need to meet your goals or get as close as possible.