Last Meal?

I've been monitoring my diet well in these 30 days prior to my tummy/inner thigh/back/arm lipo. I'm scheduled for tomorrow at 730am. What are your thoughts on indulging a tad the day before surgery? I'd like to have a nice "last meal" with my husband tonight. Maybe steak and mashed potatoes with a glass of red wine (I've been avoiding processed carbs and alcohol!) and ice cream sundae for dessert. I won't eat past 7pm bc I'm supposed to fast. Is indulging in a lil extra a bad idea tonight?

Last meal

Please avoid all alcohol before and after surgery. Also, a healthy diet with vegetables and protein would be best, and avoid the sugar and excess carbs.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Dr derby

If you have been strict with your diet the last months , then i think its a great idea to have a good dinner and sin a little bit with the calories :-)As long as you do not drink any alcohol ,you will be fine . Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Meal Before Surgery

An indulgent meal the night before surgery will not negatively affect the outcome, however it is important to not drink any alcohol before the procedure. Obviously eating a healthy, balanced meal would be best, but there is no problem with enjoying your last meal before the surgery as long as you are following all of your pre-operative instructions.

David P. Rapaport, MD

Surgery and Food/Alcohol

You should avoid any alcohol before surgery for at least 2 weeks. Indulging in food is fine, but I suggest following all your pre-operative instructions.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Last meal

Congratulations on all of your hard work.  I would avoid the alcohol prior to surgery, but other than that you should be fine.  A little extra protein may be a good choice.  Enjoy!

Camille Cash, MD

Last Meal?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Other than avoiding alcohol a more indulgent meal prior to surgery is unlikely to materially affect your recovery from surgery.  Hope this helps. 

Last Meal

GreetingsFirstly congratulaton with your upcoming surgery i wish you all the best and healthy fast recovery. You should not take any Alcohol and try to eat vegetables and protein either then that you can enjoy your meal.Wish you all the best with your surgery.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon