Will my lipo be limited because I'm combining it with a breast lift? (Photo)

I am getting lipo of the back, flanks , and abdomen combined with an anchor lift with implants. I'm being told by colleagues that the Breast lift will be done first so access to my back and flanks will be limited. I'm also told that in Florida there will be a limit to the amount that can be lipo'd. Should I opt to request these procedures separately? Can I get optimal results if they are combined? Height 5'5" Weight 144 Thank you

Limited lipo?

If one is performing liposuction alone one can remove up to 4 quarts of fat at one time in the state of Florida. If one is performing liposuction and additional operation the surgeon is limited to removing up to 1 quart of fat at the same time.

You can have all your liposuction done first and then during the second operation perform the breast surgery or vise versa. You also have the option of performing liposuction to one area, like your back, and then at the same time performing your breast surgery. 

I hope you find this information useful. Please see the enclosed video for more information. 

Should do well

There is no reason to think your liposuction will be limited by the combined procedures.  You do not have need for large volume of liposuction so I don't think the breast lift should limit the ability to meet your desires with the liposuction.

Good luck.  I hope you are very happy with your results.

James D. Frost, MD
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

There should be no compromise to areas treated by liposuction when done concurrently with a mastopexy in insertion of breast imp

You should expect as good a result from liposuction as if you are not doing a mastopexy. Patients are started in the prone position so the back can be thoroughly suctioned. The patients are then returned the recumbent position where abdominal liposuction is performed followed by the mastopexy breast implants.

Will my lipo be limited because I'm combining it with a breast lift?

YES! If doing your operations in an offie surgery facility the Florida Board of Medicine Office Surgery Guidelines limits liposuction to ONY 1 liter removed fat in combination with other surgeries!

Liposuction with Breast Lifting

We do this procedure all the time to get the best outcomes.  In your case however, it appears liposuction alone wouldn't give you the best outcome.  You really need skin removal at the same time.  Breast lifting, liposuction and tummy tuck is a large procedure together and I suggest you see an expert for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Safe surgery

Every state has different rules on how much can be taken out as an outpatient, including in Florida. The most important thing about any plastic surgery is safety and a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery can help you navigate this process.