What kind of acne do I have and what products should I use? (photos)

I have small, raised bumps all over my face, especially on my forehead, temples, and cheeks. I also have clogged pores and blackheads all over my nose and chin. I have redness on the side of my shin and tiny little black hairs? on the side of my nostrils as well. I really don't know what products to use or how to treat everything.

Whiteheads and blackheads

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to evaluate and assess your skin through photographs, but after reviewing your photo, the bumps look like closed comedones, also known as whiteheads. Treatment options for comedones are aimed at exfoliating the skin to bring the acne to the surface of the skin for removal. Topical medications called retinoids (tretinoin, Retin-A, Differin, Epiduo, etc) are a good option, but it takes at least 2-3 months before noticing an improvement. Alternative treatments include chemical peels, extractions, Hydrafacials, but these options generally are not covered by insurance. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.