"Mommy makeover" Implant still EXTREMELY "high" almost 7 weeks post operative. (photo)

I had a "mommy makeover" on October 13, 2016. Everything seems to be progressing properly except for my breast implants. I received 400-425cc Trans-Axillary silicone implants. Both implant have been high since the surgery. Also my left implant is higher than the right, almost misshapened. I understand that swelling can make the implant ride high but mine seem beyond that. I have done ALL the exercises, worn a strap and literally pushed them down but they have barely moved. Thought?!

7 weeks after surgery

You need to consult your doctor for proper follow up, implants are still high and you need to hear your doctor opinion about this, if your results doesnt improve over time you will need to get a revision surgery to make your implants placed in the right spot. Good luck!

Breast implants riding high at 7 weeks

Thank you for asking about your breast implants

• I know how frustrating this can be - and your implants are definitely it.
  • It can take 3 months for implants to settle,sometimes six months.
  • If they don't, you will need a revision.
  • Ask your surgeon if you can go bra-less - it often helps.
  • And also make a plan with your surgeon as to how long to wait and when and how to do the revision.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Time to return to your surgeon

Hi.  One of the issues with the transaxillary approach is that it can be more difficult to release the lower portion of the pocket completely.  This might explain your issue of high-riding implants.  Best to return to your surgeon to discuss a potential revision.

Breast Implants still EXTREMELY "high"

I would share your concern; your breast implants seem to be too high for this stage in your recovery. Best to follow up with your plastic surgeon for in  person examination and advise.  Unless there is significant change in the next few months, revisionary breast surgery to lower the breast implants will likely be necessary. Best wishes.

7 Weeks Post-Op, Implants still High

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION, LIFTS

1.    pain is variable

2.    it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax

3.    celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help

4.    massage and stretching may help

5.    everyone heals differently

6.    4-7 days off from work is common

HEALING OF SENSORY NERVES: Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.

ASYMMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

FOLLOW-UP EXAMS: These are generally done in 1 week, 2 to 3 weeks, 3 to 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months to 1 year, and 1-2 year intervals. In our office we include all of your follow up appointments in the initial surgical fee.

Implants very high

Hello, it can take months for implants to drop, although generally people will see gradual improvement over time.  If you are concerned that your implant position is not changing at all, it would be reasonable to contact your surgeon to discuss.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You are still relatively early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position.  Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Mommy Makeover

Yes I would agree that your implants appear high and you need to consult with your PS who can advise you on bra support or not +/- massage. Implants can drop over the coming months but you need to keep in touch with your PS. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

High implants

It can take 3-6 months for your final results, but you should see progress along the way.  If your implants are not dropping you need to contact your surgeon for an evaluation.  A revision may be needed to allow the implants to drop into the pocket.

Camille Cash, MD