Best implant choice? What implant type would be most realistic? (photos)

I dont want to spend more than 4000 at the end of it. I want to add size and i dont need lift. What will give me my desired results? I want a natural, heavy on the bottom, soft/fatty look. Im not happy with my current size. Im 20 almost 21, what are my options?

Implants for you, some advices:

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. In my practice specially in cases like yours, who are young people I recommend silicone implants, gummy bear, placed them under the muscle. For determining the volume is better a personal evaluation to be more precise. You can find it at that price you want, all depends on each surgeon. Always find a board certified plastic surgeon and express all your wishes, a good communication with your surgeon will allow better results. Kind regards 

Best implant choice? What implant type would be most realistic?

Good questions.  You will find that the answers to these questions are best obtained during the consultation process.

Generally speaking, much of the final look and feel achieved after breast augmentation surgery depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing long-term well-placed breast implants. Careful measurements (dimensional planning) and careful selection of breast implant size/profile are part of the surgeon's responsibilities.

I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone) or model (low/moderate/high profile) of implant.

3. The type of implant used may determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. In other words, if a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may make a significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” etc. are not helpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Breast Implant Size

You have excellent anatomy and as such you should have a good result.  The components of good anatomy and thus the best results with augmentation are good symmetry, central nipple position, a narrow intermammary distance, and no sagging.  You have all these elements.  It makes the augmentation process straight forward.  You will have a very nice, natural result that enhances your existing anatomy provided you do not choose too large an implant.  I would recommend something in the high 300s to achieve a 1.5 to 2 cup change.  We do Skype consults and operate on many out of town patients as we are very cost competitive even when travel costs are factored in.  Please call the office at (205)980-1744 if you would like to schedule in person or virtual consultation.  We will be under your price limit if you use saline implants.

Christopher J. Schaffer, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Best choice for you?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implant

#toobig #breastimplant

What kind of breast implants?

While 80-90 % of plastic surgeons in the united States use smooth wall gel implants, I feel that textured high profile implants from Mentor are far superior in almost all cases. In Europe and South America they mostly agree with me. The advantage of textured gel is that they are less likely to get hard, show ripples and less likely to slide around or bottom out.

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD

Options for Breast Augmentation

Breast augmentation is an operation whose end goal, is a breast that is improved both visually, and tactically, (touch). You mention size, and also having a soft look. I would recommend you then consider the use of a silicone gel implant because of your quest for a " natural heavy, soft look," all better achieved with the use of a gel implant. A saline implant is firmer and has more rippling to touch and can often be detected as separate from the breast by touch. The gel is softer with less rippling and blends in better so that is difficult to detect by touch. Cost of a gel implant is generally more that a saline filled implant as you are shopping for "cost of 4000." 

At age 21, you are not allowed to use a gel implant until age 22 so you might consider waiting another year to have the best implant that matches your wishes. Size can be determined by a combination of measurements and choices of final look with goal photos or computer imaging, which is to your advantage after you communicate clearly what your final size choice to your selected plastic surgeon. Starting surgery with good shaping which you do have is to your advantage. Discuss incision choice as well to avoid visible scars when active or laying down. My preference for you would be an armpit incision with a gel implant.

Breast Sizers/Breast Augmentation

We have special breast sizers that you can place in a bra and get an idea of what the different size implants will look like on you. Patients find this very beneficial. After we know what cup size you would like to go to, I then measure your base width diameter. This is the measurement of the width of your breasts. Then we will be able to pick out your breast implant. I utilize the bloodless breast technique which I invented. Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery and recovery is quicker versus traditional techniques. For more information please watch the enclosed video. I hope you find this information useful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Thanks for your question and photos.

Fees will vary, but your most important consideration is am experienced board certified or board eligible plastic surgeon whose aesthetics align with your own. An evaluation in person will best determine which implant dimensions would be most suitable for you. A smooth round silicone gel filled or IDEAL Structured Saline-filled implant would be my recommendation. If you do not feel confident after your first consultation, consider a second or even third. Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Best implant choice? What implant type would be most realistic? (photos

I prefer smooth round moderate profile  plus ,silicone gel implants placed in the sub-fascial position

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Options

At your age, you may want to consider breast augmentation with saline breast implants. However, you do have some options related to the profile. To understand your options, consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS