I have an umbilical hernia, would insurance cover a tummy tuck with the same procedure if it was proven to correct the problem?

Umbilical hernia and Tummy Tuck

Hi and thanks for the question. Yes often insurance will cover the umbilical hernia repair done simultaneously with a TT. However, only the amount of time reqired to fix the hernia will be covered under insurance. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Will insurance cover um iliac like hernia

Thanks for the question.  I often perform tummy tucks in combination with umbilical hernias, and insurance can cover the hernia repair and should be referred to the insurance company this way.  Be awar that the tummy tuck probably won't be covered.
Good luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

I have an umbilical hernia, would insurance cover a tummy tuck with the same procedure?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though insurance companies will not cover the cost for your tummy tuck as they deem it to not be "medically necessary" they will tend to cover the cost of the hernia repair.  This coverage will help save you money by defraying some the cost of your tummy tuck procedure.  Hope that this helps.