I think it looks like spitting sutures but not sure. What should I do? (Photo)

I had a TT exactly 3 weeks ago and everything seems to be healing well except I have these white tissues looking things coming out of my insion .I think it looks like spitting sutures but not sure ?What should I do .

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (3 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Post-op TT

Based on the photo, I agree, you are likely spitting/dissolving superficial sutures. Simply keep the area clean with soap and water and apply antibiotic ointment to any open areas. These will all heal without problem. Best wishes.

Questions About Healing Tummy Tuck Incision #tummytuck

• You may indeed have a couple areas of delayed wound healing caused by a suture. 
  • Definitely meet with your plastic surgeon to be evaluated. 
  • We place lots of dissolvable sutures below the skin during a tummy tuck, and occasionally one or two sutures can migrate through the incision causing a small wound.  We simply remove these in clinic (not painful) and the wound goes on to heal within a matter of days. 
  • Thanks for sharing.

I think it looks like spitting sutures but not sure. What should I do?

Congratulations on having undergoing the tummy tuck procedure. Sometimes, dissolvable sutures can "spit" and may cause (temporary and self limited) issues such as what you are experiencing.   If they become problematic removal of the suture should allow for healing and no further intervention. I hope this helps.

Dr Derby

From what i can see in the photos it does look like a spitting suture. I would consult with your surgeon what to do and if he is okay to maybe pull it out yourself. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for your question and providing a photo. I would agree with you that it is a spitting suture. This should not affect your results in anyway. You can return to your PS office and have the stitch removed, or you can simply pull it out yourself if you want. Best of luck