I received a chemical peel on Wednesday. I think it may have been too strong for my skin. Do I have a chemical burn? (photo)

I had dark spots prior to receiving my first chemical peel from acne. The first peel was great. I went this Wednesday for my 2nd peel 5 weeks after my 1st. Except this time the peel seemed be too strong. I was left with red marks and what seems to be burnt patches. I've been using the skinmedica cleanser and applying first aid ointment. I'm not sure if this will clog my pores. I'm worried this will scar or leave my skin worse then it was prior to receiving the peel.

Peels and Side Effects

Since I do not know what type of peel you had or what instructions the doctor gave you after the peel, I would suggest you return to your treating physician for examination.  

No chemical burn

I do not see signs of any burn.  This is a common post-op appearrance after a light to medium depth chemical peel for acne.  You should follow-up with your aesthetician as scheduled and continue on the regimen you have been subscribed.  You should turn out fine.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

I received a chemical peel on Wednesday. I think it may have been too strong for my skin. Do I have a chemical burn?

You need to return to be seen by the peeling doctor ASAP for exact treatment plans!...................