I want/need a breast reduction/lift ASAP, how much would it cost and what type of incision would work for me? (photos)

I have very large breast, too big for my frame I think. Anyway, my plan is to save money to get the procedure done. I want to know a ballpark figure based on my photos would it cost me, what type of incision would be bes for me. I want a full perky C cup.

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.  After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

Kind regards

Reduction

A Wise pattern reduction would be your best option.  This would give you perky breasts in the C cup range.  Cost is usually in the $5 k range.   

Breast lift/ reduction

A breast lift is a reduction and vice versa. The variable is how much breast tissue you want or need removed in the process. The pattern and scar design is the same depending upon your measurements. This would require a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can then determine cost.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Breast Reduction

Thank you for your pictures.  The cost of a breast reduction will vary with the surgeon's experience, the difficulty of your surgery and the geographic location.  It is best to have several consultations to get a quote specific for you.  Best wishes.

I want/need a breast reduction/lift ASAP, how much would it cost and what type of incision would work for me?

You appear to be a great candidate for breast reduction/lift procedure. Prices vary from Region to Region, Practice to Practice, experience of a Surgeon, etc.. Be sure to seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam and further info re/ your treatment plan.

Breast lift/reduction

Based on your photos you are an excellent candidate for a reduction/lift.  In a breast reduction volume and skin are removed to create a proportioned figure with balance between breast skin and breast volume.  If there is good breast volume but just too much skin then a lift is performed (removal of excess skin alone).  In either procedure the excess skin is removed and the nipple-areolar complexes are re-positioned for a perky bustline.

For the best and most reliable results you should have a Wise-pattern ("keyhole") removal of skin.  This could be performed as a lift alone or in conjunction with removal of volume if you feel that you are too big.  Based only on the photos you are probably a candidate for a formal breast reduction, in which case this would likely be covered by insurance.  If insurance does not cover this then the total cost is $6500-$7900 depending on exactly what is planned.

Breast reduction surgery costs and concerns…

Thanks for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery.  This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. 

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, insurance company involvement (if any)… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “full perky C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Then, communicate your goals carefully. Avoid using cup sizes as a reference point. Working together you will be able to make good decisions. Best wishes.