I have asymmetry and PS not using different implant sizes? I believe he's using HP & I think I want moderate plus (Photo)

HP vs mod plus? I DO NOT wanna have a round look on my chest,I want a natural slope,natural looking breast. I have asymmetry in my breast and my surgeon is going 2 use the same implant size on both sides,why ?if I do HP will my imperfections will stand out more than they do now. I'm 5'10 and plan of getting 425-475 not sure on size until we're in surgery.what style implant is better for my breast,and do you think I could use 2 diff implants to help make my asymmetry a little less noticeable.

Even though you have some asymmetry, the use of different implants may make asymmetry worse.  If a small volume asymmetry is present, the use of the same saline implants with different volumes is a good option.  Since you are looking at 400+ cc volumes, the narrower high profile style will fit your chest wall better.  If you would be happy with a 350 cc or less implant, then a moderate profile implant with a more natural profile would be indicated.  Best wishes, Dr. T

I have asymmetry and PS not using different implant sizes? I believe he's using HP & I think I want moderate plus

From your picture, it appears that you have shape differences as well as a size difference. The left breast appears to sit higher on your torso with a higher fold, a shorter width and less volume. I do prefer moderate profile implants in your situation over HP, but that is just my preference.  Often, I will use the same size implants to equalize the dimensions, then adjust the amount of tissue and skin taken out to make the breast as even as possible. Putting a larger implant in the smaller, but higher breast, often makes that breast look fuller in the upper pole.

Asymmetry- different size implants

Thank you for your question and for including a picture. While nothing replaces an in person consult, there is definitely a noticeable difference in size. I routinely balance out asymmetry by using slightly different size implants. The sizing system we use help to dial in the perfect size implant for each side. Regarding shape, I think I would highly consider using a shaped implant to give that very natural look. That being said, I have been able to achieve a very natural look using a round implant. Profile to me also is based on the base width of your natural breast. The larger the implant you go you may want to use a high profile implant so that it keeps the base of the implant narrow. Feel free to follow up with more questions if you have them. 

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph. If you are looking to maintain a very natural appearance I would favor either the moderate plus profile of round implants or anatomically shaped implants. Size discrepancies is difficult to determine without an in-person examination but silicone implants come pre-filled and can not be adjusted in the operating room, as a result your surgeon may feel that the difference in volume between your two breasts is not enough that a different size implant would be of benefit.   Hope this helps.

Breast assymetry

From looking at your photos the difference is minimal and in 95% of my augs I do moderate plus profile versus high profile.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I have asymmetry and PS not using different implant sizes?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.***Given your concerns/questions, you should spend additional time with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the day of surgery, communicating these questions/concerns.  Make sure that you are both on the same page when it comes to goals, plans, and expectations.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Concerned about HP implants and pre-existing breast asymmetry.

To properly answer your questions an actual breast exam is necessary. This exam would certainly include some breast dimensional measurements. It appears that moderate plus implants would work well for you also (you are tall and have adequate width to your chest). I would recommend you discuss this issue further with your PS. In reference to your breast assmmetry, I personally prefer to make the decision whether or not to place different sized implants in the OR based on the use of sterile implant sizers placed withn the breast pockets and actually viewing this with you lying flat and flexing the table to sit you up also. I suggest you have another discussion with you PS to further express your concerns. If you become dissatisfied feel free to obtain a second opinion.