I'm 45 and considering a mommy makeover. In my teens I developed a keloid on my chest. Is this still a consideration? (Photo)

i would like to know if the procedures will be limited by my scaring history. If a BL is required can I get keloids from the lollipop incision or around the areolas? I'm hoping I only need lipo and not a TT- please advise your thoughts

Scar Management After a Mommy Makeover

#Healing will continue for 2-3 months following the procedure(s) as the #scars will be evolving. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. Also some severe scars can be treated with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing. Additionally, scar therapy with scar maturation products (e.g. BioCorneum or Embrace) are suggested for managing scars. However, we recommend you wait to use scar improving products until a few weeks following your surgery.

What is the better mommy make-over for me?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Your photos make it very clear that you need a tummy tuck and a breast lift - with or without liposuction.
  • If you have liposuction, you will still have a bulgy stomach and you will not be happy
  • With just implants, the implants will sit on the chest, well above the breast tissue and again you will not be happy.
  • keloids are very uncommon after these operations - and often 'keloids' are simply thick scars which can be treated.
  • Show your 'keloid' scars to your surgeon to see what s/he has to say.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Mommy Makeover - History of Keloid

Thank you for your question. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover with a breast lift and tummy tuck. The lower abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening will give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. The breasts would benefit from a lift +/- an implant. Just because you developed a keloid in the past does not mean you will develop one with this procedure. Also, there are many ways to treat scars, including silicone gels and steroid injections. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck!

Mommy Makeover with History of Keloid

Mommy Makeover surgery addressing the sagging and deflation of the breasts and excess skin and fat of the abdomen and flanks would be a great surgery to consider.  The history of keloid scar on your chest would have to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.  Darker skinned patients usually don't scar as well as very fair skinned patients.  Furthermore the center of the chest is one of the worst places to scar.  So with a vertical breast lift, your scar may be darker, but unlikely to be a keloid.  Additionally, whether you need a full tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck or liposuction would best be evaluated by your plastic surgeon in consultation.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  You seem to be a great candidate for both procedures.  I would recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  In regards to your history of keloid, your plastic surgeon would be best at determining if this might be an issue for you once you have been physically examined.  The great thing is there are many scar therapy treatments available now that can be recommended, one being EMBRACE.  Good luck and I hope this helps you!

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy Makeover

From these pictures it is hard to say what the best approch would be for your abdomen. You would need an in person exam to see if a full tummy tuck is necessary or if you could get away with liposuction of the abdomen, waist and flanks. As for the breast, a breast lift would give you a nice result that you are happy with. Go in for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out what your best option would be and what you can expect. Best wishes. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #mommymakeover 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Hello dear, thanks for your post. Mommy Makeover is a surgery, or surgeries that help a woman look and feel more like she did prior to pregnancies and childbirth. Typically, the procedure consists of a tummy tuck and some kind of breast surgery. Possibly a breast augmentation, a breast lift, or a lift and an augmentation together. I would suggest that prospective patients look at mommy makeover before and after photos in addition to seperate before and after images of tummy tucks, breast augmentation and breasts lifts to see more of a plastic surgeons' work.

I recommend to to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I'm 45 and considering a mommy makeover. In my teens I developed a keloid on my chest. Is this still a consideration?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Based on your pictures, I think you would need a breast lift.  Breast skin usually does not keloid.  For the abdomen, you may get improvement with lipo only if you want to minimize the chance of hypertrophic scarring or keloids.  I would recommend an in person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who can give you your best options after examining you.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Mommy Makeover

Based on you photos, you look to be and ideal candidate for a breast lift with a tummy tuck. Just because you developed a keloid in the past does not mean that you will again. And if you do, there are many scar treatments averrable today to deal with them so don't let this inhibit you from seeking mommy makeover surgery if that's what you want.
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

You appear to be a good candidate, based on your photos- for breast lift ( with or without implants- depending on your goals) and abdominoplasty. If or not your scars becomes hypertrophic- is unpredictable- as there are many factors that can affect the person's scar healing capacity. In person exam is essential. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS