I have a 2 inch area (lump) where the left drain was which is bruised, purplish, and swollen?

This is day 10 of my TT, and I have a 2 inch area (lump) where the left drain was which is bruised, purplish, and swollen. I'm assuming there's fluid inside that didn't come out while drain's were in, is this dangerous, will be going to see my PS on Monday, also stomach is very hard and tight.

Drain issue

If you have issues with your drain site, then it is a good idea to review this with your surgeon in person.

Go see your surgeon

Only a physical exam from your surgeon will help figure out exactly what is going on. Typically the area around the drain sites can become a little hard/firm after the drains have been in place for awhile. You are doing the right thing, go see your surgeon today and figure out what is going on.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your drain insertion site issue. It is difficult to offer definite recommendations without an in-person examination or full series of photographs but these symptoms typically refer to a bruise of the tissues around the insertion site and not necessarily a discrete fluid collection.  The bruise will heal spontaneously while a fluid collection would need to be appropriately drained.  Only your surgeon can make the appropriate diagnosis so be sure to contact him for an in-person exam.

TT

It would be hard for anyone to determine what may be happening based on your narrative. I would strongly recommend you have your surgeon see and evaluate the area of fullness you are concerned about.  Best Wishes Theodore T. Nyame MD  Harvard Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

In person exam required

It should be fine to wait to see the surgeon tomorrow.  It doesn't sound like anything that is dangerous or too difficult to deal with.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon