How many grafts do you think I need? Need Dr. Recommendation in Tampa Bay Area. (photos)

I would like a recommendation for a Dr. to do hair grafts in the Tampa fl area.. Also thoughts on how many grafts it would take to get a nice thick head of hair.

Photos cannot assess if you would be a candidate for surgery. Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.

Photos cannot assess if you would be a candidate for surgery.  Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.  It involves what you mean by a "nice thick head of hair".  It involves understanding goals and expectations.

Someone with your hair loss pattern may be happy with 1500 grafts while another may not be happy with even 3000 grafts because expectations were set differently.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Your best option is to have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon

The best option is to have a thorough consultation with a hair restoration surgeon. From the photos, it appears that you will need in the 2000 graft range, but with the fine hair, a second surgery may be necessary to achieve fuller density. We have locations all over the US, If you are unable to travel for Surgery I would recommend International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Members Dr Glenn Charles or Dr Alan Bauman, who are both located in south Florida.

Craig L. Ziering, DO
West Hollywood Hair Restoration Surgeon

Graft requirement for the frontal area of scalp

A better history and a physical examination is required to advise you in a proper way. However, based on the pics available, it will require around 2000 grafts to cover this area.

Kapil Dua, MBBS, MS
India Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant to frontal area

It appears from the photos submitted that you have fine hair.  I would estimate around 1800-2000 to fill in the areas of concern in the front of the scalp.  

Frontal hair loss

Frontal hair loss when treated with transplants to the extent you show, usually take between 1500-2000 grafts depending upon the thickness of your hair. Finer hair usually requires more grafts

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts do I need? Rec Dr in Tampa area?

rmoney7,

The best estimate with the available views, and without physical examination would be about 2500-3000 FU grafts. Obviously, this does not constitute an actual recommendation because it is required to actually take your history and closely examined your scalp to be certain that this represents AGA and there are no contraindications to surgery. In the Tampa area, I would start with Dr. Marco Barusco.

Sincerely,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon