Which garmet is best and what size? (photos)

My PS will be sending me home in a garmet but I want to have another to switch out. I'm getting upper back/bra line, arms, tummy and inner thighs. I wear a size 10 (sometimes 12) pant size. Thinking this could be my stage 2 garmet. Not sure size or best type.

Liposuction - which is best garment

Thank you for asking about your liposuction recovery.
  • The best place to get guidance is your plastic surgeon's office.
  • The long arm vest seems a good choice for upper back and arm liposuction.
  • But long arm garments are hard to get on - I have my patients use ace bandages instead.
  • If this is ok with your surgeon, then you'll just need a high-backed jumpsuit,
  • The buttock cut out is usually used for fat transfers to the buttock -
  • If you aren't having this done, then a standard jumpsuit will be easier to wear.
  • Sometimes it is good to wait for your second stage - because if you swell a lot, you may need a larger one than you expect - then choose the garment size based on measurements.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Compression and Liposuction

Compression is essential after liposuction. I suggest discussing your garment options with your physician to determine what is best for your individual surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer

Post Liposuction Garments

Garments are very important after liposuction and I would not recommend getting them without detailed discussion with your doctor. It needs to be proper fitting and really compress the areas that are needed for healing.Speak with your doctor first.Best regards and I hope this helps, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Which garmet is best and what size?

It is best to consult with your chosen Surgeon as he/she would know best. Garments are very specialized parts of the post-op care. They do play a role in achieving the best result. Every Surgeon has his/her personal choices. Stick with your Surgeon and his/her post-op care choices

Which garment is best and what size?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery. The one piece is likely the easiest for you to wear to help apply compression to all of your sites of surgery but sizing will depend on your current measurements which your plastic surgeon's office can help you determine.  Hope that this helps.