Follow-up question to scar caused by Botox. Any suggestions? (photos)

Left a ? A few days ago. To be more clear. I can't go back to surgeon as I have moved out of state. It is clear they compromised a vessel, it was v. Red, then scabbed, now left with defined square shaped pit. I isn't just a wrinkle where I think will resolve after Botox subsides as it has defined edges (pls see pics). It was not there before. In my opinion, area has been traumatized. Over 4 wks ago. Advice? Things to apply, steps to take to increase odds of area popping back up?

To see the previous question, please click here.

Scar caused by botox

Scars can be improved by the use of microneedling, laser resurfacing, or with big enough indentations- fillers. For your specific scar, as it appears small, I would suggest microneedling. The procedure works by using a tool (microneedling pen) to create a minor injury to the area stimulating new growth of collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin are essential components of this skin, and after healing allow it to be more smooth and taught thus decreasing the appearance of scars

Columbus Physician

Scar after injection

Like any scar, improvement will continue for up to a year. If time does not improve the look fully, treatments that stimulate collagen (like lasers, peels, or dermabrasion) can be considered. Filler could possibly be used, but it is expensive to treat such a small area with filler. Good luck. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Scar after Botox

there is nothing you can apply to improve a scar. the best treatment for this type of scar would be filling material.

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Treating scars

Thank you for your question Kostaboda1. Scars can be treated with a variety of modalities, regardless of how they were created. These include fractional laser resurfacing, chemical peels, laser skin tightening, and radiofrequency devices. I recommend consulting with a doctor for specific advice. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Scar from Botox?

Botox doesn't cause vascular compromise. Vascular compromise is related to filler entering a vessel and occluding it. Botox is basically the consistency of water and can't do that. Needles, particularly the size used for Botox, don't usually leave scars. There is nothing you can do right now if it was caused by the injection. Time will get things better. If not, microneedling, subcision, laser or Infini can improve things. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD