Lower eye bags? (Photo)

What is the best procedure for my lower eye bags?

Eyelid Brow and Cheeks

you would be a good candidate for lower eyelid surgery. In this procedure, the fat bags from the lower eyelids are removed. If your goal is to obtain younger natural looking eyes you would need more than this. If you look at the young models in vogue magazine, you will notice what makes the eyes youthful looking is what happens above and below the eyes. Their brows and cheeks are elevated and the eyelid crease is close to their lower eyelid. I was one of the pioneers in performing endoscopic eye rejuvenation. The cheeks and brows are elevated through tiny incision and a small tv camera is inserted. By restoring the natural youthful anatomy of the eyelids, cheeks and brows you will obtain a more natural youthful look. For more information and to view before and after pictures of patients. Please watch the enclosed video. I hope you find this information useful.

Eyelid Brow and Cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Under Eye Bags Treatment

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a lower blepharoplasty with fat pad transposition. This is a surgical procedure that improves the appearance of the herniated fat pads by redistributing the fat to create a more even appearance within the tear troughs. This is by far the most effective and permanent treatment option to address this concern. For more information, I suggest scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can make more specific recommendations after an in-person evaluation. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Under Eye Bags Treatment

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Filler

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Filler

SURGERY NOT FILLERS MOST LIKELY

Detailed examination is required to determine best options.  From photos we see well defined herniated fat which protrudes starting at a well defined crease below your lower lashes. Placing fillers below the bags would likely be disappointing.  A trans-conjunctival blepharoplasty may well be a reasonable choice for you.  The incision is placed behind the lid and the protruding fat is removed. See video below for technique and after photos.

Luis Villar, MD, FACS

SURGERY NOT FILLERS MOST LIKELY

Luis Villar, MD, FACS

#EyelidSurgery EyeBags - Lower eye bags?

Based on your photos, the most effective (and only permanent) treatment is the surgical removal of some of the fat that is, presumably, causing the bags.  You appear to have firm enough skin so that a TC (trans-conjunctival) approach will be adequate for correction.

You should seek one or more consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons who can examine you in person for confirmation of the above.  But you appear to be an excellent candidate for this procedure.

Shorter term treatments include the injection of fillers to blunt the crease but that is a temporary solution, and has risks of its own.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf500

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf500

Treating lower eyelid bags

Dear Patient From Tampa,

The lower eyelid is a critical part of the face for non verbal communication.
When we have fullness in this area, it can made us appear tired, sick, old and sometimes even drunk.

There are various options for treating lower eyelid bags. It seems like your case may be related to fat from around the eye protruding into the lower eyelid space.

There are surgical options to help this. Best to see a specialist in your area.

I Hope this was helpful.

Treating lower eyelid bags

Dear Patient From Tampa,

I Hope this was helpful.

Treatment for lower eyelid bags

Thank you for sharing your question and posting your photos. A conservative approach for treating your bags would be injecting fillers (Restylane) into the tear troughs. A more permanent treatment is lower eyelid blepharoplasty. Both might be reasonable options, but you should be evaluated in person first by an experienced eyelid specialist.
Good luck,

Treatment for lower eyelid bags

Good luck,

Lower lid bags

You could try some HA filler below the fat to smooth out the area.  Your other option is a lower lid surgery to move the fat down into the tear trough which is a more permanent solution 

Lower lid bags

Lower eye bags

Thank you for your question.  The answer is that it appears, on your photos, that you have genuine lower eyelid bags and not under eye hollowness which is also commonly seen.  I believe that fillers could be used to help the situation temporarily but that surgery would be your best option for long term relief.  I would suggest that you see a well rated oculoplastic surgeon for best results.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eye bags

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment of lower eye bags

In general, there are two options to help with lower eyelid bags.  Surgery can be done to directly address the protruding fat which causes the bags or an injectable filler can be used below the bags to help camouflage them.  The surgical option would give much longer lasting results.  If you opted to go with the filler, I would recommend Restylane, which could last up to a year in that area.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of lower eye bags

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon