What needs to be done to fix the transition of where the incision ends, to remove the indention/hole area? (Photos)

I had an extended arm lift 6 weeks ago. I've been informed that my surgeons practice is closing and he cannot do revisions unless they are in office while awake. I have folds, some might call this dog ear but it is a problem for wearing sleeveless because you can see it. Kind of defeats the purpose of the procedure. This is at the base of the incision just below the arm pit. I have a review posted with many other pics, you can click on my user and then go to my one review to see them.

Arm lift - how to fix transition scar?

Thank you for asking about your arm lift.

I am sorry your surgeon's office is closing but it is too early for any revision. You must wait a full six weeks. Once the tissues soften, it will become apparent what revision,  if any, is needed.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

What needs to be done to fix the transition of where the incision ends, to remove the indention/hole area?

It is a bit too early to know if this will go away on its own or persist. It is easily corrected under a local anesthetic in an office setting.

Scar revision.

Greetings and thanks for your question. It does look like you have a dimple in the end of your incision and a scar revision in the area is most likely necessary to improve the situation. Speak with your plastic surgeon. Small scar revisions can be done in the office under local anesthesia for little costs and are less invasive than having general anesthesia again. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Scar revision

Based on the pictures you have posted, I would recommend a scar revision. This can be done with local in the office. It would remove the skin that is indented and help to release that lower portion of the scar. Good luck with healing.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

What needs to be done to fix the transition of where the incision ends to remove the indentation/hole?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Based on your pictures I would advocate for a local scar revision with extension of your incision to achieve a better skin edge to edge approximation.  This will allow the scar to heal smoothly.