Are these dog ears or is this skin going to flatten out with time? (Photo)

I had a tt. A week ago an noticed on my hips these rolls of skin at the ends of my incision ,that really make me feel alarmed an scared this will not go away is this normal

Dog ears

Thanks you for your question. It is usually very common to get dog ears at the end of your incisions. These usually soften or flatten over 3 months. But there are times when they need to be revised. Speak to your plastic surgeon about your concern. Best of luck with your recovery.

Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Post-op Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. I would wait for 3 months post- operatively. If the puckering consists you may require surgical revision of the scar. 

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Are these dog ears or is this skin going to flatten out with time?

Thank you for your question. It is hard to tell at this stage with swelling. Most of the time they get better. Please allow 4-5 months and re evaluate. If you develop any dog ears most of the time they can be fixed in office with simple procedure