Crooked results 2.5 months after rhinoplasty. (photos)

I had rhinoplasty 2.5 months ago. I had open, deviated septum fixed, hump removed, tip smaller and cartilage graph placed too. I noticed the cast was on very crooked but my Dr said he did that on purpose. About 2 weeks after cast removal he had me start compressions. As time goes on my nose just keeps looking more crooked and drooped than expected. He said he's not worried and I'll have a great nose. I'm losing confidence. What's going on with my nose? Will or how can this be fixed?

Crooked results after rhinoplasty

Dear SailorMoonFan18,

The photos you provided do show that your nose is crooked.  While healing will continue for the next several months, I am sorry to tell you that I do not think that the nose bones will move or straighten out anymore with time.  Some adjusting can be done with filler if you are not happy. Revision surgery is another option, but should not be done for nine months.

Dr. Yagoda

Revision rhinoplasty

You may need a revision to get you straighter, but you will have to wait about a year or so for the swelling to subside. Best of luck.

Crooked nose 2.5 months after rhinoplasty

Since it is only been 2 1/2 months since the rhinoplasty procedure, it's important to wait a full year before embarking on another procedure. Follow up with your surgeon's recommendations.

Revision

If a revision is needed you may need to wait at least a year for the best result.  Discuss your options with your surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD