What is best combination for easy recovery when wanting 3 procedures?
Doctor Answers 9
Multiple Procedures at One Time- What is the Best Combination?
Scott A. Brenman, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Breast Aug and lift, Tummy tuck and thigh lift
Multiple Procedures Such as In a Mommy Makeover
It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.
In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures. We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures. MWL (massive weight loss patients of 75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
You might also like...
Combining case in Mommy Makeover
Safety & Combination Plastic Surgery Procedures
1. Whatever combination you choose, the risks start to go up quite alit after about 6.5 hours of continuous surgery.
2. There is a mounting body of science that shows an increase in blood clot risk with a combination of abdominoplasty and lower extremity liposuction, which is usable included in a body lift and/or thigh lift.
3. Breast lifts often involve a horizontal incision which could get pulled down further during a tummy tuck and there blood supply risks of doing these two procedures at the same time.
Summary: If you were my patient, all rather of these procedures would be done separately, because I couldn't do any two of them in less than 6.5 hours. If you find someone that can; I would do the tummy tuck separately and combine the breast lift and thigh lift procedures!
What is the best combination?
Sequencing mommy makeover operations.
Planning multiple operations
Your is a complicated question - surgical planning is very important - and what you are asking leads to a lot more questions -
- Exactly what surgery is to be done
- Why out of town surgery? That often increases your risks but not always.
- How long will you be in Miami? What surgeon will see you in Tampa if you have a complication or will you be driving every time back to Miami?
- Why Miami? Is there no Tampa surgeon who is right for you? Is the cost less? Did a friend recommend the surgeon? Do you have family who will look after you in Miami?
- Is your Miami plastic surgeon a Board Certified Surgeon? Is your surgery to be in an accredited out-patient surgery center? Will you be an outpatient or staying at the center overnight?
- Are you very slim or overweight? Much more surgery can be done at one time for a very thin woman.
- I suggest you concentrate on finding the right surgeon for you - and then discuss with your surgeon the best and safest combination of procedures.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.