How many cc do I need to go to make a difference in order to have more upper pole fullness with volume and a round look? (Photo)

I’m 1 year post. I got 350 Mod Plus. My breasts are loose, not firm/full. I’m getting a revision in Jan. An infer. capsulorrhaphy on my L & a lateral capsulorr. on my R. You can see the asymmetry. I want more upper pole & a full, round breast. My PS said he will use 400 – 475 HPs but I’ve read, you need to increase by at least 100CCs or more to make a difference. I don’t want to waste money on new implants if it won't make a difference. Do I ask for the 475s? I’ve included wish pics.

Breast Implants for more upper pole fullness with volume and a round look?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “full, round breasts” or "make a difference” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes. 

Your main issue appears to be implant position rather than implant size.  The internal capsulorrhaphy to bring your infra mammary fold up will help.  I would recommend the adjunctive use of a Strattice hammock to help with holding the fold in the appropriate location.  The larger your implant, the more the weight of it will push on the internal capsulorrhaphy.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

How many cc do I need to go to make a difference in order to have more upper pole fullness with volume and a round look?

After reviewing your initial pre-op photo- before any surgical intervention, it is clear to me that you would have benefited from an anchor lift/mastopexy. This would give the best opportunity to achieve your goals. Best to discuss and follow your Surgeon's recommendations. Keep in mind that , the normal breast has approximately 45% of its volume above the nipple and 55% below the nipple- giving the best looking breast. When the breast is completely rounded and equal volume above and below the nipple- this does not give the most natural looking breast- although some women prefer it.