Would a brow bone reduction surgery be right for me? (photos)

I'm a 33 year old female and ive always had issues with how deep set my eyes were in my head, I feel they often get hidden by my brows bone. Would a reduction surgery be right for me or is there something else I can do?

Brow Bone Reduction

Your brow bone does not seem prominent enough to do brow bone reduction. The reduction requires a large incision in your scalp to reach the area of your brow and the use of a drill to decrease the thickness of the bone. I do not feel it is worth it in your situation, as the result is not worth the risk. 

Sometimes trying a chemical brow lift with Botox can lift the eyebrows and mask the bony prominence in your forehead. I would suggest this treatment option first. 

Hope this helps, 

Javad Sajan, MD

Probably need an actual exam

I see what you mean, the outside part of your upper lid is full.  This can be due to excess skin, excess fat, bone, or a low hanging tear gland.  If it really bothers you I would suggest a face to face exam with a facial plastic, oculoplastic, or general plastic surgeon who specializes in eye surgery to determine exactly the cause of the fullness and the options for reducing it. 

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Brow reduction

Thank you for your question and photos. Looking at your profile photo, from what I can see, you don't have a BONY brow prominence and hence you don't need a brow bone reduction. You have pretty eyes and although they are 'deep set' they look natural and attractive. All these things are subjective, if it bothers you see a surgeon face to face and see what they recommend. Good luck 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bone brow reduction

You are a beautiful woman and I wonder if yu should go to that type of extreme surgery. Ask a plastic surgeon

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon