Are my breasts tuberous and do I need a lift and implant? (photos)

I'm in Tampa in search of what I can do to improve the size, nipple size, space in between them. I want 550 silicone high profile implants and I don't want a space in between, I want my boobs to my together!! I'm just wondering if my expectations are too high. My breast tissue has a lot of space to play with and are not firm they are squishy so I need help to see what's best for me. I think one major factor keeping me from getting a lift is money - they are very expensive I need options .

Are my breasts tuberous and do I need a lift and implant?

Thanks for the question and pictures. Your photographs do not demonstrate features of constricted or tuberous breasts. If your breast size/shape is of concern to you, you will likely be a good candidate for breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Seek consultation  with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question.  Indeed, you have a certain degree of tuberous breasts based on your photos which show a constriction of the base with wide areolas (herniated breast tissue), high breast crease and widely spaced breasts.  Treatment includes placement of breast implants and donut mastopexy with release of the constricting tissue.  This is not just a breast lift with implants; it also requires a release of the constricting breast tissue otherwise you'd have a double bubble deformity.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast lift with implant

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast lift with an implant.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Augmentation with Lift

Thank you for your question. You would benefit from a breast lift. There are three basic types. All three make your areola complex smaller. Donut lift goes around the areola complex. This has the smallest scars and provides the smallest lift. The other two are the lollipop(vertical) and the anchor lifts. Both of these lifts are marked out with the HALPERN breast marker (that I invented). During your consultation I like to find out your goals (I.e. What cup size you would like to be). We have special breast sizers that you can place in a bra and get an idea of what the different size implants will look like. Patients find this very beneficial. I use the bloodless breast technique which I invented bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery, and recovery is quicker versus traditional technique. For more information please see the enclosed video and I hope you find this helpful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Breast lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, you do appear to have characteristics of tuberous/constricted breasts.

Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:

•          Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  •          Inframammary fold misshapen
  •          Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  •          Insufficient breast skin
  •          Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  •          Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)

Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BA

You do have a form of constricted breast or tuberous breasts.  Your best option is a periareolar lift with an implant.  You may not be able to go to 550 cc because such large implants could displace superiorly and not look good.  You will still have a bit of a space between the breasts but they should look perkier and fuller.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Realistic breast options

you do not have a classic tuberous breast deformity, which has a set of specific anatomical findings that go along with it. You do have a kind of high fold under your breast (IMF) that exaggerates the shape you don't like though.

That makes it difficult to think you could do your surgery well with an implant only, as the breast will either tend to slide off the front of where you implant sits if you go under the muscle with or it will settle too low if you go over the muscle. You really would be better served by a much smaller implant then a five hundred plus cc size and doing a lift to re center the tissue and make your areola diameter small.

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon