Can I get a breast lift with implants on the same day? (photos)

Hi there, I am currently a 38 DDD and I would like to be a full perky D cup. Is it possible to have my breast lifted with silicone implants on the same day? What do you recommend as far as the cc's go for the silicone implant to achieve a full perky D cup size? Also what would be my max in cc's and what would my incision options be? Thank you!!

Reduction and implants at the same time

From the look of your  photos, with a triple D size, the placement of an implant at the time of a reduction is very risky from a blood supply point of view. What you're talking about is a minus plus operation where the breast tissue is removed along with the excess skin and replaced with a large implant. Given the distance that it appears your nipple is from the top of your breasts, that would be an extreme risk to the blood supply to that nipple with that operation. My plan would be to make you as close to a single D breasts as was possible using a vertical medial pedicle breast reduction technique. Then, after a 6 to 8 months of settling, a decision could be made as to whether or not to add a small implant to augment the upper pole. I would advise you see a plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in cosmetic breast surgery. Best of luck.

Lift and implants the same day!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:

1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger

I use implants in combination with a lift when:

1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified surgeon for an evaluation and to talk abuot what kind of lift do you need and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Mastopexy implant

You need to discuss the pros and cons of one and two staged augmentation mastopexy with an experienced surgeon. A one stage procedure would be risky and you need to be taken through the options after an examination. For you a lift as a first stage may be the safest way to proceed. Most PS would not recommend a one stage procedure with lift and implants if the nipple needs to be lifted more than 6-8cm. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

You are a very large breast size and usually this causes back, shoulder an neck discomfort.  In my practice, patients such as yourself undergo a breast reduction which lifts the breast as you desire but also gives a more comfortable size.  While inserting breast implants at the same time is possible, I would not recommend it.

Why in the world would you need an implant?

You have more than enough breast tissue to do an awesome lift which will give you denser, perkier and more beautiful and youthful-appearing breasts.  You are currently a DD and want to be a perky D- why would you need to add volume with an implant?  Find a plastic surgeon that gets amazing results with a powerful lift and save yourself money and an additional component to your recovery.  Hope this helps.

Breast lift with implants

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast lift with implants to be performed in the same surgery.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  I would recommend a wise pattern lift.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Can I get a breast lift with implants on the same day?

Without in person examination my feeling is just have Reduction/Lift first to see the results.

Lift plus implants

Yes we frequently do both the same day however if you are a smoker I generally will do them on 2 different times.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question.  You will find that receiving different opinions is par for the course in the field of plastic surgery. 

Given the complexity of the combination breast augmentation/lifting operation and the greater risk of revisionary breast surgery needed, there are good plastic surgeons who will insist on doing the procedures separately. For ME, if I see a patient who needs a great degree of lifting, who has lost a lot of skin elasticity, or whose goal is a very large augmentation then I think it is best to do the procedures in 2 stages (in order to avoid serious complications). However, doing the procedure in one stage does increase the risks of complications in general and the potential need for further surgery. This increased risk must be weighed against the practical benefits of a single stage procedure (which most patients would prefer).

Conversely, if I see a patient who requires minimal to moderate lifting along with a small to moderate size augmentation (and has good skin quality), then doing the procedure one stage is much safer. Nevertheless, the potential risks are greater with a 1 stage procedure and the patient does have a higher likelihood of needing revisionary surgery.

In your case, I would like the recommended a two stage approach.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Lift and Augmentation together

Yes, you can combine these procedures to the same operation. That being said there will be some limitations with larger breasts. You will need to see a physician in person to get a better idea on your options. The lift will likely require a full anchor scar due to the extend of ptosis of the breasts.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD