Can I get a breast lift without implants? (Photo)

Im 39 years old african american never had kids. As I have gotten older my breasts have dropped a little. I would like to get a breast lift with no implants. I would like to have fuller perky breasts, I dont like that I have huge nipples and areola.

Mastopexy and nipple reduction

Assuming you don't have any significant medical problems, a breast lift with nipple reduction would be a great procedure to you! Areola reduction is a standard part of any breast lift procedure. If you want to stay local, Dr. Faeza Kazmier in Lakeland is an awesome plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Risks of masto aug

A lift with an implant is controversial for two reasons.  First, when you perform a lift you are making everything tight and closing the wounds under tension.  It you add the expansive forces of the implant at the same time, you are fighting against yourself.  There are forces on the wound which try to make them separate, which results in wider, thicker, more irregular scars.  In the worst case, the wounds will open.  So compromises are usually made in the operating room by the surgeon because they cannot close the lift wounds over the appropriate sized implant.  Either less of a lift is performed so that the skin is not as tight and therefore there is less tension on the closure.  Or a smaller implant than would be appropriate is used so as to decrease the expansive forces.  Either way, you are compromising the aesthetic outcome.  Often the outcome is so compromised that a second revision surgery is required.  If however, you plan to have the lift first and then the augmentation after everything has healed, then you have two operation that are planned, both with much lower risk than the combined mastopexy/augmenation.  The outcomes of the two meticulously planned operations are much better and a more aesthetically pleasing, and a safer outcome is achieved. The second reason the combination of mastopexy and augmentation is controversial is because of the risk of nipple necrosis (death of the nipple).  By making the skin tight for the lift, you are putting external pressure on the veins that supply the nipple.  By putting an expansive force on the undersurface of the breast with an implant, you are putting pressure on the thin walled veins that supply the nipple.  If the pressure by squeezing the veins between the implant and the skin is greater than the venous pressure in the veins, the flow will stop.  If the venous outflow stops, the arterial inflow is stopped.  If the arterial inflow is stopped, there is no oxygen for the healing wounds and the tissue dies. Placing the implant on top of the muscle in combination with a lift puts the blood supply to the nipple at a much higher risk because in addition to the issue of pressure on the veins, you have to divide the blood vessels that are traveling from the pectoralis muscle directly into the breast (and to the nipple) in order to place the implant between the breast tissue and the muscle. This adds a third element of risk to an already risky operation.  Mastopexy/augmenation with sub glandular implant placement is by far the riskiest way to address your anatomic question.

Breast lift without implants

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Breast lift surgery is an excellent option for the patient wanting perky breasts.  A nipple and areola reduction is also an option and could be performed at the same time as a lift.  Breast implants are a great option should you desire more upper pole fullness.  Best of luck.

Breast lift without implants

You can certainly get a breast lift without implants.  This is recommended if you like your size in a bra, and just need them up.  If you don't feel that you fill your bra adequately, or want to fit into a bigger bra, then you may need the addition of implants.  Some people with only a small amount of tissue want a more dramatic upper pole fullness (cleavage), and may benefit from the addition of an implant.  A surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery should be able to provide you an idea of your anticipated results.  This is best done in an in person consultation.

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Can I get a breast lift without implants?

Thank you for your question and photo.  If one has substantial breast tissue and is not desiring to be larger one may be a candidate to have a lift without implants.  Your photo demonstrates ptosis (breast sagging).  This can be addressed.  First, I recommend starting with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Hello, thanks so much for your inquiry and for posting your pictures, of course that you can have a lift without implants. You have enough volume to have a very nice outcome. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely.  Yes you can have a lift without an implant.   I use the anchor or a T incision that will give you a much better and pleasing result.  It repositions your breast tissue and tightens the skin.  There is an incision around your areola and straight down and underneath your breast.   Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Breast Lift without Implants

If your breast volume is adequate, and your breasts are ptotic or droopy, a lifting procedure without implants is possible.  This is a mastopexy, where your breast tissue is lifted up, and only skin is removed.  This will place your nipple-areola complex higher, making your breasts perkier.  If you desire larger or fuller breasts, then a implant would be recommended.

Steven H. Wiener, MD

Breast lift without implants

Thank you for your question.  You are an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  Since you have sufficient volume of breast tissue, this can be restored to a more youthful, perkier look with breast lifting techniques.  No breast implants would be required.  With a breast lift, known as a mastopexy, the Nipple and areola are moved to a higher and more ideal location on the newly lifted and shaped breast mound.  This part of the surgery also allows reduction of the size of the areolas.  The nipples can also be reduced during this same procedure. Be sure you are consulting with a board certified Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon prior to sheduling your appointment.  (certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery)Good luck with your surgery!

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Yes - Can I get a breast lift without implants? (Photo)

Thank you for your question with photo. Without performing a physical exam, I can see that you have a decent amount of natural breast tissue. If you like the size of your breasts and would like them to be rejuvenated, then a mastopexy (breast lift) with auto-augmentation would be a great choice.It is not a common practice, but I recommend you find a plastic surgeon that offers auto-augmentation for your mastopexy. Simply, the surgeon rearranges your breast tissue during the surgery, to give you more fullness in the upper portion instead of removing any breast tissue. Your nipples will be raised and excess skin removed, but your volume should not change with this technique.Always seek the advice from a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon