Breast implants look uneven (photo)

I had a breast augmentation 2 weeks ago. I already had uneven breast, my left breast was bigger than my right, and my doctor told me that he was going to give me more ccs on the right one. However, I ended up with more ccs on the left breast (25ccs) and now my left breast look even bigger. My next doctor appointment is in 2 days.I heard that doctors doesn't have the responsibility if your breast doesn't look the same. What should I do if he refused to do anything (can he?)

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about final results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards 

Asymmetry after augmentation

Most of the time, women start off asymmetrically.  One breast might be larger than the other. One breast might be wider.  The height of the inframammary fold (where the breast meets the chest at the bottom) might be different.  The amount of nipple droop (ptosis) may be different. The shape of the chest wall underneath the breasts can also be different.As surgeons, we try and create symmetry, and occasionally have to do something different on one side that we did on the other to account for these baseline asymmetries.It will take at least three months for your implants to fully settle in to place.  With time, the swelling will decrease, any fluid around the implants (seroma) should resorb, and with gravity the implants will drop a bit.  The two sides very rarely heal exactly the same way, so people are often concerned about being asymmetrical during this time period. As difficult as it seems, try to be patient and see where things settle out.  If you are still concerned or unhappy after three months then speak to your surgeon about options.  Good luck!

Kirsty Boyd, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants look uneven

Without pre-op photos to compare it's difficult to give you the best answer. Your asymmetry may be due to swelling. Best to give it several months before you pass your final judgement. Also, keep in mind that we are all asymmetric.

give it six months. the breasts can be deflated or inflated at that time depending on which side looks better

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breast implants

Hi, You´re still in the early stage of healing, it is normal to have assymetry as one of the breast may swell more than the other. You should know that healing after plastic surgery is a process, and the earlier parts are the most challenging.  Emotions are a big part of the process as well. Tell you surgeon about your concerns and wait untill the final stage of healing which is around 3 months after the surgery to see the final results when everything settles.

Breast implants look uneven

You are still early in your post operative period.  Both implants still look high to me and sometimes the early swelling can lead to a look of asymmetry.  When you see your doctor, voice your concerns.Good luck.

Shayne Webb, MD

Uneven breast after implants

It is very common to have asymmetry after surgery, especially just two weeks after augmentation.  It could be swelling, a fluid collection, too small or large implants, etc. See your plastic surgeon for an in person examination to make this determination.  It will take a few months for swelling to go down and to get your final result.  Hopefully it evens out by then. Good luck.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants look uneven (

Poorly posed 1 photo! What cc's were placed? Going oversized implants has issues of gaining exact equal sizing.

Uneven post aug

For sure your left is bigger and probably will need to be corrected.Also is there fluid there.When you see your plastic surgeon he should be able to advise.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Both breast heal differently

ASSYMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff. SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and "less natural" in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.