Would it help if I go with bigger implants?

I had BA a year ago, 350cc textured over the muscle and my implants slides to the side creating a dent on my breasts. My PS recommended for me to go with bigger implants and over the muscle again. I really would like to go under, but he said that wont stop them from sliding and that going bigger will fill in the spaces. I feel like he doesnt want to do the internal suturing and is the reason why Im asking for your opinions. Please help me decide what shoul be best for me! Pics on my profile!

Submuscular

If the implants are soft and you are only troubled by some lateral displacement, I would keep them in the subglandular position.  There are drawbacks with the submuscular position that you can avoid by keeping them above the muscle.  However if you are having issues with hardening of the implants or capsular contracture, a change to the submuscular plane may be warranted.  It sounds like a lateral capsulorrhaphy to keep the implant more centered on your chest wall is all you need. 

Implant malposition

Textured implants over the muscle should be relatively stable.  You did not mention which implant you have but Mentor textured implants have a smoother texturing while Allergan's  texturing is more aggressive.  Options may be to try different style of implant or consider using SERI biologic mesh to hold the implant in place in addition to a site change under the muscle.  

I appreciate your question.

Without any pictures, difficult to comment.  However, from what you are describing it seems under the muscle would give you the result you are looking for.  In terms of implant size, the size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Seek a second opinion if you need to.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Without photos, and then benefit of physical exam it is difficult to comment accurately. Generally speaking, there are limited reasons to place the implants over the muscle in today's environment. In some instances, it is more beneficial to do so. However, in your case- it seems as though under the muscle will be able to achieve your goals. This will allow more control over the lateral pocket and potentially eliminate the dent that you see. Keep in mind- if you are saggy- you may need a lift.

Breast implants revision

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you seem to not have a bad result. The decision is really up to you. If you are uncertain, you should visit more plastic surgeons in person so they can examine you.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

You results appear very very good. I might increase size to 500 cc in same pocket. But only after in person opinions and examinations can that decision be made... 

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Based on your description, it seems like you are experiencing a breast implant displacement problem.

Generally, the lateral breast implant displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implants toward the midline. Doing so will prevent the breast implants from migrating to the sides when you lie down and will help centralize the position on the breast mounds. In my practice, this repair is done with a 2 layered suture technique. The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option ( although not usually necessary) especially if significant implant rippling/palpability is present.
I hope this (and the attached link) helps.

Larger size not the answer to most problems

In general, larger breast implant are not the answer to most problems related to breast surgery.
Some patients are more prone to lateral displacement of breast implant and must have some amount of tolerance to this imperfection.

Side pocket work, changing implant position and using skin substitutes, and neo subglandular pocket are just a few ways to address the problem.
Best Wishes,
nana Mizuguchi

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Sliding breast implants

Thanks for your question. There are several options here to discuss. Going to a larger implant without putting any sutures or material such as Strattice on the outside will lead to another occurrence of sliding. Another option would be to make a new pocket under the muscle and using an aggressively textured silicone device. Larger implants in general, in a chest wall that has some angulation, will naturally slide towards the side of the chest. Ask your plastic surgeon about the benefits, risks and trade-offs with switching your implants to the sub muscular pocket. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS