BBL 2 months ago, not enough fat to give the results i want. How long after bbl can I get implants?
Doctor Answers 6
BBL disappointing - when can I have implants
Thank you for asking about your buttock silicone implants
- You should wait six months to let the buttock swelling subside from the BBL.
- Your buttock implants should be put into the muscle which will hold them in place and protect against infection.
- This limits the size of implant that can be used but they should give you a nice result.
- Generally round implants are better than oval ones.
- The two major risks are infection - which once established will require removal of the implant(s).
- The other is injury to the sciatic nerve which controls your legs -
- Sciatic nerve injury occurs when the implant pocket goes too low.
- Two incisions are usually used to reduce risk of infection, one on either side hidden in the crease.
- Surgery takes time to do well.
- Exparel injections into the buttock muscle will reduce the pain.
- You may hurt a lot afterwards even with Exparel.
- You will usually spend a night at the surgery center, prone (on your stomach) and go home to rest.
- No exercise for 3 weeks at the earliest.
- Depending on the work you do, you go back to work in 2 - 6 weeks.
- No leg exercise for 6 weeks.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
I believe waiting about six months is enough time to allow for complete healing and swelling to resolve. Determine no lumps or masses, or any other potential deformity.
After six months, and confirm by physical examination can proceed with buttock implant.
Meanwhile start looking at the different implant shape and size and determine the range of implant size that you desire.
Not enough fat for Brazilian But Lift
Just from your measurements, it would be difficult to obtain the fat necessary to make the results you are looking for. I believe your surgeon did his best as 600 cc of usable fat on someone your size tells me he tried hard to make it work. I see women who failed this and now seek implants. I believe waiting 6 months would be adequate. An examination would be necessary to make sure the inflammation and swelling had subsided so the implant surgery has the highest chance for success.
Eric Weiss MD
You might also like...
Buttock implants after BBL
Regarding buttock/hip augmentation surgery, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients, domestic and international, per week that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12+ months and/or the projection result was grossly insufficient) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock and/or hip implants). Because it takes a full 9 - 12+ months for the fat to melt away and the micro-inflammation to dissapate, ideally one waits ~ 12 months before undergoing buttock implants. This being said, in very select cases, i have placed buttock implants in as early as 6 months post BBL with great results. Glad to help.
Buttock implants post-BBL
You must wait 3 months after BBL. There is only minimal risk with proper planning and implementation by an experienced surgeon. I have been performing buttock implants for over 10 years. Please see link below.
We do a lot of patients from out of town and there are out-of-town accommodations available.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.