Is having a Brazilian Butt Lift, Breast Lift, Breast Augmentation, and Tummy Tuck to many procedures to have done all at once?

I already have saline breast implants nothing is wrong with them but I am interested in getting them lifted going with a smaller implant size as well as getting silicone instead of saline would this procedure be safe to do along with a TT, and BBL? I guess I am looking for sort of a mommy make over. If anyone can provide me with prices that would be great as well.

Different body contouring procedures can be performed at the same time. There are many variables that are taken into consideration when this decision is made:

• health of the patient
  • length of the procedure
  • cost of the procedure
  • experience of the surgeon
Since every patient is different, a definitive answer can not be given. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs these procedures frequently for your best possible results.

Good Luck!

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

I wouldn't recommend doing all those procedure in one session

The problem with combining all those procedures into is two-fold.  First, doing all that means your procedure will take several hours.  There is absolutely no need to perform a cosmetic surgery that takes that many hours as this increases your risk of complications such as infection and blood clots.  Second, doing a brazilian butt lift and procedures on the front at the same time makes the recovery difficult.  How will you sleep?  You will be extremely uncomfortable.  I do not know which clinic you have visited or are considering, but more often than not clinic trying too much into a single visit are more interested in collecting all your money upfront than taking the safe route of staging your mommy makeover

Martin Jugenburg, MD

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck with breast lift. 

Many surgeons offer online virtual consultations where you send your photos and medical history information so that you can receive accurate cost at no cost to you.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

The number of operations performed in one sitting during a mommy makeover has to be individualized.

Technically all of the operations you describe could be done at one time. If the problems are particularly large and would extend the operating time beyond six hours in my be better to break them up. This is a judgment call to be made by your surgeon.

Combination procedures

You would be better served to complete the BBL at a different time than the breast and abdominoplasty procedures. I require my patients to sleep face down for the first month after BBL surgery, something that would probably not be comfortable or advisable immediately after breast or abdominoplasty surgery. Your risks of complications will also be lower if you stage the surgical procedures.

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Combined Procedures

Thank you for your question. Combining procedures can be more cost effective and reduce your recovery time.  As long as a patient is healthy and proper evaluation is performed and precautions taken, it can be safe.  Regulations differ by state and procedure setting.  These combinations can be effectively and safely performed in the right candidate.  There are reasonable theoretical and recovery issues that may make it prudent to separate these procedures.  These questions can only be adequately addressed after a thorough history and physical examination and in person consultation.  Best wishes.

I do not recommend having BBL at the same time with Abdominoplasty and Breast procedures -as the recovery is different for these procedures and will contradict each other. I would recommend stages. Set your priorities. You can do BBL first, wait until you heal and do Breast lift and Abdominoplasty together. 

Truthfully, I have done this combination many, many times. I perform this combination on healthy individuals in 4 to 6 hrs. The surgeon you choose should not only be able to perform the combination in less than 6 hours, but all of the results should be great.

Is a breast lift, implant exchange, tummy tuck and BBL too much to do at once

Thank you so much for your question about having an implant exchange, breast lift, tummy tuck and BBL all at once.

• Most surgeons, myself included, would discourage doing a BBL with a tummy tuck because in the BBL, you should lie on your stomach, after a tummy tuck you can't lie on your stomach - you will find it unnecessarily hard to recover from surgery.
  • The tummy tuck, lift and implant exchange are fine to do together, assuming you are healthy.
  • Adding the BBL - in addition to your discomfort - increases your risks of infection and blood clots because of the length of surgery.
  • If your surgeon does agree to do them all at once be sure to discuss with her/him, your having prescription compression support stockings, Exparel injections to reduce the pain and a calculation of your blood clot risk with the Marino scale to see if you need post-operative blood thinners.

Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!

Combined procedures

Hello and thank you for your question.
In my practice I commonly combine procedures to minimize trips to the operating room as well as cost to the patient.  However there are some procedures that I prefer to separate.  While I commonly perform simultaneous breast and tummy tuck procedures (a typical "Mommy Makeover" combo), I rarely combine tummy tuck or breast surgery with Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL).  This is because the recovery for a BBL requires a lot of laying/sleeping on your stomach, but if you've just had a tummy tuck or breast surgery laying on your stomach could be quite uncomfortable and even compromise your results.
In my opinion it is better to stage them as : Breasts/tummy tuck then BBL
You should consult with an experienced plastic surgeon who does a lot of both procedures to get the results you desire.  
Best of luck to you,

Ruth Celestin, MD