Should I have another tummy tuck? Or would a form of lipo give sufficient results? Perferably something like smart lipo. (photo)

had a tummy tuck after my son was born. He's 6 now and all i have left from procedure is the scar. My tummy is the same as pre tummy tuck. I'm motivated to maintain healthy lifestyle. Tummy tuck recovery was a challenge. However, I am willing to try again.

Tummy tuck revision

I agree with a couple of the other post. You don't need a revision at this time. It appears that you have more internal fat. This would not be affected by lipo or a revision of your tummy tuck.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Should I have another tummy tuck? Or would a form of lipo give sufficient results? Perferably something like smart lipo.

The protrusion of your abdominal wall is likely related to fat within the abdominal cavity (around organs).  The skin is stretch fairly tight over this protrusion such that there is little excess.  In addition, you don't appear to have much fat under your skin and outside your wall (the kind you can liposuction).  So, the answer for your is weight loss.  I would seek a good nutritionist and just learn to eat healthy rather then some 'diet'.  Good luck.

Weight loss versus liposuction

Improving the contour of your abdomen is likely going to be determined by amount of fat inside as well as outside of your abdominal wall.  Fat inside your abdominal wall is best addressed by weight loss.  Fat outside of your abdominal wall may be addressed by either weight loss or by liposuction.  I don't think a tummy tuck will provide much since skin excess does not seem to be an issue.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck or lipo

After examining your photos, my feeling is that you have excess fat inside your belly- below the muscles and surrounding your organs. You don't appear to have any significant fat between the skin and muscle layer or any excess skin so neither a tummy tuck to remove skin or liposuction to remove fat below the skin will help you.   Your condition is common and is only affected by weight loss.

Before investing your recovery and money

get to a good healthy weight that you can my colleague says, if your stomach still sticks up when you are lying flat, then this is inside the abdominal wall, and not accessible by tummy tuck.  You said that you are willing to embrace the healthy lifestyle, do that to 'earn' your new tummy tuck as a reward for taking care of your health.  Good luck!

Eleanor J. Barone, MD

When your tummy protrudes as it does

an examination is needed to determine if its because of laxity of the muscle or excessive fat inside your tummy.  If you lay flat on your back, the appearances of your tummy are what a tummy tuck is anticipated to produce.  If it protrudes, a tummy tuck will not help that.  And its always ideal if you can be at your near 'ideal' weight that you are able to maintain easily before having any major contouring procedures.

Curtis Wong, MD

Examination warranted

Thank you for your pictures. Hard to tell  if this is muscle weakness and intra-abdominal fat or just fat beneath the skin. An in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon would be beneficial.

Neither is my over the internet guess. You need to decrease the visceral fat layers internally by at least a 50 pound weight loss///

Secondary abdominoplasty need to lose weight first

You appear to have a very large abdominal bulge.  This is due to visceral fat.  You will be disappointed with a secondary abdominoplasty unless you lose this weight first.   Lose 50 - 60 pounds then re-evaluate.