What is the least amount of downtime for a butt augmentation procedure? I cannot take weeks off - my job is very sedentary.

I am in the Tampa area. I have considered BBL, but the downtime is impossible for me. Is there an alternative where I can take perhaps a few days off as opposed to weeks? And is it just as effective as BBL? What are the differences? Does it also reduce the appearance of cellulite? I'm hoping to sculpt my buttocks once as for all, I work out five days a week, my weight is good, I'm 5'4" at 135 pounds, but my butt is stubborn. Thanks.

BBL Recovery

Hi and thanks for the question. The down time is approximately 10 days for most patients before returning to a sedentary job. The only other procedure that affects the buttocks for enhancement is placement of implants which has a slightest longer recovery. Best of Luck -Dr Hardy

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

I am not sure that you will need a great deal of downtime after the procedure.  As long as you are taking it easy, it may be reasonable to return to work in a week or so.

Beverly Hills, CA

What is the downtime like?

A BBL recovery time is much faster than a butt augmentation with implants. If your job requires you to sit, I typically have my patients stay home for a week and kneel on a pillow or float your butt using pillows behind your back and one underneath your thighs. That would relieve the pressure from the fat grafted area and allow you to recover while still working. 

Thank you for your question and good luck!

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS

Downtime for a butt augmentation procedure?

Thank you for your question. After a BBL procedure, one week should be enough recovery time before returning to a sedentary job.  Patients normally return to light activities almost immediately after surgery, normal activities 2 weeks after surgery, and vigorous exercise 4 weeks after surgery. We usually experience a slow steady improvement for 3 months or so after surgery. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.