How soon after Tummy Tuck, Muscle repair and liposuction of the abdomen can one start to work out?

Exercise After Tummy Tuck

Thank you for question. 

Every surgeon has their own protocol and restrictions. For my patient's, I recommend no abdominal muscle workouts for six weeks.

You should speak with your own Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for their recommendations. 

All the best. 

Each surgeon has their own protocols. I recommend patients wait at least 6 weeks before resuming physical activity and 3 months before engaging in core exercise. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Exercise after abdominoplasty

I usually recommend that my patients wait at least six weeks before resuming any type of exercise. My reasoning is to avoid seroma formation, and wound healing problems. All patients recover differently, but it takes most about six weeks. 

Orlando Llorente, MD

Exercise after TT

Thank you for your question. Be sure to consult with your surgeon first as everyone has their own restrictions after surgery. I have my patients restrain from strenuous activity for the first 6 weeks after surgery. If everything has gone well, I let them resume exercise at that time. Best of luck, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

When to work out after tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question.  Surgeons will vary in their post-op instructions and recommendations.  In my practice, I advise my patients to refrain from any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for about 6 weeks after the tummy tuck.  Be sure to go over your specific activity instructions with your surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

When can I resume working out after a tummy tuck...

This is certainly something that you would discuss with your chosen surgeon.  Each surgeon will have his or her own preferences tailored for each respective patient.  In my practice I ask patients to refrain from all strenuous activity for 6 weeks following surgery.  During that period of time, they can engage in regular day to day activity.  I encourage them to take frequent walks but to avoid any exertional or straining activity.   Beginning at 6 weeks, they can gradually reintroduce more rigorous activity (light weights, light non-impact cardio) and can expect to be unrestricted by 8 weeks.  Again, follow the guidelines of your surgeon who will know you and the details of your procedure best.  Good luck! 

Tummy tuck and work out, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
To give anypost-op advice, i individualize each patient according the complexity of the surgery, with this method the patient gets better results.
To avoid damaging the muscle repair, performed in the TT, you have to avoid any activity to increase the intra-abdominal pressure, that's mans, avoid efforts like carry much weight or becoming constipated.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Returning to athletic activity after an abdominoplasty.

In my own practice patients begin normal day-to-day activities immediately. Any athletic activity that targets the abdominal muscles is prohibited for six weeks. Over the ensuing six weeks the patient can work up to any full athletic regimen. However, you should only follow the directions of your own surgeon.

When I can work out after tummy tuck?

Going back to the gym and doing strenuous cardio or weights is usually four to six weeks.  You should follow your surgeon's instructions and not push it to return to the gym any sooner then recommended by your surgeon.  Each surgeon has their own protocol.  You chose your surgeon, so follow what they say - not what someone that doesn't know you or the circumstances of your surgery says.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Working out

I generally allow cardio and light exercises after two weeks if everything is fine and the drains are out. I restrict from abs and heavier weights for 6-8 weeks minimum.                               .