I'm 5'11 & 165lb. A seeking a full B - 400cc too much? (photos)

I want to have smaller natural looking breast (full B/small C at most). I thought 275 or 300cc max would achieve this. I was shocked after my measurements when 400cc was recommended. I am athletic and required to be on my feet for many hours a day. I do not want to have back issues in the future. I understand that the cc is determined by the measurement and that each frame is different. I want to schedule the surgery but I am still processing such a large implant being placed inside me.

I'm 5'11 & 165lb. A seeking a full B - 400cc too much?

I am OK with that volume choice. But YOU need to be satisfied! Best to see your surgeon again in person to discuss.

Dimensional Breast Augmentation- Size Options

If moderate in profile- I suspect that the 400 will appear proportionate on your frame and not as large as you think. My patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers in the office with a form fitting t-shirt in order to get an idea of the final look. I advise that you can estimate between 20-25 ccs of shrinkage as well because the implants often seem smaller- especially under the muscle. Rice sizers at home or trying them on again in the office could help you adjust.

All the best

Breast augmentation with lift. Some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Choosing an implant size

In addition to implant size, it's also important to consider the implant profile, or shape. From what you've written about your desired size and look, I suspect that you would be happier with a 'moderate' or 'moderate plus' profile implant rather than a 'high profile' one.

For any given implant diameter, a 'high profile' implant has more volume and projection than a 'moderate plus' implant.  

What's the profile or shape of the implant your surgeon suggested? If it's 'moderate' or 'moderate plus', and if your implant has been selected to fit your base width measurement, then you might feel re-assured about the 400cc recommendation. 

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

Because of your height 400 cc in you is like 300 on someone 5'3. So it is actually not a large implant for your body. Going smaller wont really take you to a full B or C cup.

Best wishes  

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

What is the best size and shape for my breast implants?

What a good question to ask!  In my practice I have many patients who are athletic, tall and don't desire having very large breasts.  I would always advice you to have your surgeon carefully consider your breast and chest dimensions, because this gives a careful direction for choosing implant sizes.  The other consideration that now is available to you is to consider the tear drop shaped, form stable breast implants that are becoming the most frequently requested implant in my practice.  You don't have to choose this shape, but it certainly can give a beautiful shape that is very natural.  Don't settle on a size to the implant as much as to consider what suits your shape the best!

Good luck to you!

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size

You should always go with your inner gut. The last thing anyone wants is for you to be disappointed.  The end result you are looking for is not too far off the 300cc implant you have chosen.  Manufacturers have implants in many different breast  widths so there is one that is sure to fit. In the end, success or failure is not judged as cc of implants but if you like the way you look in the mirror. That said, I usually use my sizing system to have patient show me the look they want, then I size the implants to achieve that look. Hope this helps. 

Raj S. Ambay MD
Plastic Surgeon
Wesley Chapel, FL
Brandon FL

What Size Should You Choose

As much as it's important to know what size bra you currently wear, the strap size is important to know as well. It affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that you choose. In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.
This may provide some insight. If a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the size of the implant and size of your chest.
Other factors which contribute to the outcome are #size, #shape, and #profile.
The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile.
Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape, size and placement of the #implants to be used. Lastly, another important element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.

You are correct in your concern about 400 cc breast implants possibly being too large.

You currently have very nice breast anatomy and should achieve a very nice result after breast augmentation surgery.  I agree with your thought that a 275 cc breast implant should achieve the modest full B or small C cup that you desire..  My guess is that a 400 cc implant would bring it closer to a D cup.  Discuss your desires with her plastic surgeon and if the surgeon insists on 400 cc seek consultation elsewhere.

Implant Size

It appears from the information you have shared that 300 cc would be a nice size for you. Stress to your plastic surgeon your concerns, and that you are not looking for large breast.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD