I'm 5'10, 150pds, 34 B. What looks to be a good shape & size implants for me to be proportional to my body type. (photo)

Im so torn between mod plus vs HP. I have been to 4 different plastic surgeons and all wanna do something so different. Im not loving the idea of going over 500cc b c of the weigh of the implants over the years leaving me saggy and back pain. What seems to be a good implant option for me . I really wanna be atleast a D cup!

Choosing the correct #breastimplant size for a #breastaugmentation

Hi and thanks for the question. I would be able to give you a more accurate estimation with a physical exam. Since that is not possible, what I would say is this:  In our practice, we discuss, in detail, the desired outcome by the patient, and try and meet at at common ground, given their particular native breast dimensions. Intra-opreatively, I prefer to utilize sizers, which gives a very good estimation as to what will look optimal. The definitive implant size is hence based on the sizer volume. That volume may be greater, or less than the " number " you have in mind. Definitively, our goal is to produce the Best looking breast, in a manner procured in safety and in the best long-term interest of the patient.  Shooting for specific volumes or bra sizes is never a great idea. 

Dr. Vallecillos

Breast Implant Sizing

The exact choice of size that will work best for you is an important decision that you should make with your board certified plastic surgeon. 3D Vectra imaging and simulation, the Mentor gel sizing system, rice filled implants at home in your bra, and bio-dimensional analysis are all methods that can be employed to help you come to a decision. Because size is such an important component of decision making in breast augmentation our office employs all of these techniques with each patient to ensure the highest rate of satisfaction possible. Good luck with your decision!

I'm 5'10, 150pds, 34 B. What looks to be a good shape & size implants for me to be proportional to my body type.

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. 

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.  Consideration for an anatomical implant would give you a very nice result. The projection of the implant would depend on your desires as well as pliability of your overlying breast tissue. Either will likely do well, depending on your goals. 

Hope that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Which size is most important

You have made it difficult. 

You want a certain cup size but not an implant size. 

I often have patients that come in with these dichotomies. I have them decide which is more important: a look, a bra size, or an implant size. Once this has been determined we can move forward to find the perfect implant for that patient. 

To tell your plastic surgeon you want to be a certain look or bra size but then place limits on the implants available can potentially prevent you from attaining the look you desire. 

Implants volume

thanks for the question,

I recommend a Breast Augmentation using microtexturized highly cohesive silicone implants ("Gummy Bear Implants"), with high projection and volumes betwen 350 400ml., placing them under the muscle with a natural look and long term best results.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

What implant is best for me?

thanks for the question, but I am at a slight loss as to knowing what you may want.  After four consults I would guess that there must be some similarities in the advice given.  Certainly there is some consistency in the recommendations of these consultants.  Size of implants used have more to do with the width and size of your current breasts, not some hopeful measurement of cc's of  the implants that we hope to be able to have.  As you would expect, the only way to be more accurate about this would be with a full examination. As you must already know from all of the opinions expressed, choose a very qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and if you get a good feeling about the recommendations given, perhaps you may just have to "go for it"!

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.

HP vs Moderate Plus Implants

Thanks for your question. Of course, only your plastic surgeon can help you make that final choice, but here are few opinions.

If you are choosing silicone implants then HP implants always look better than Mod plus ( if your breast measurements allow ) in my opinion.

It is also rare that I hear of patients complain of back pain with implants greater than 500 cc.

Your height would suggest that an implant size in the 500cc range should get you to the D cup range.

Hope this helps.

Dr K

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Only a detailed in person consultation/ exam as well as a thorough sizing process can help you determine which style and size of implant would fit you best-paying attention to your height,weight and intuitive inner feelings... Keep in mind there is no direct relationship between the cup size and implant size. Focus on how you look and feel during the sizing process..

Implant selection

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size and profile of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD