25 & already needing a facelift. Would I need a full one or are their smaller procedures that can help such as botox? (Photos)

I am looking to get surgery for my face in the next few years. What would you recommend? I'm 25 years old.

25 & already needing a facelift. Would I need a full one or are their smaller procedures that can help such as botox?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photo. If you are not happy with the look of your face, you feel that you are getting older, your skin started to lose its elasticity and if you think that this situation is going to get even worse if you do not take any precaution; then you can be a good candidate for “Spider Web Aesthetics”. Most people are afraid of surgical interventions since the complication risk and the results can frighten the patients. Therefore patients are seeking for non-surgical solutions more and more. Spider Web Aesthetics is a non-surgical lifting method developed by plastic surgeon Bülent Cihantimur MD. If you are afraid of having a surgical intervention and you are not happy with the sagging of your skin especially in face, inner arms, buttocks and neck; you should consider undergoing this minimal invasive, safe and effective method.

Hi. First, you need to better define what you do not like about your face. Once defined, there are many non-surgical options that you may benefit from. I can definitely tell you that at 25, you atre way too young to be contemplating a facelift. Good luck, Dr. PG

No Surgery For You

Skin care and and smiling are the only procedures I think you should consider at this time. If you ask enough, you will find someone to take your money.  You could risk losing your youthful beauty. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

What is the best option for your face?

Hi there, great question and one you should fully research before making a decision. Give your age, be very carefull about doing surgery, there are many other options. 

I posted a link below to help you understand how the face ages. There are also other articles there discussion options for fixing your concerns. I hope this is helpful.

Dr Bonaparte

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial aesthetics options

Dear confusedtampa,

While chronological age is not the most important factor when considering aging face surgery you are at least three decades younger than the average age for females that undergo facelift surgery.  And while it is true that relatively younger patients may undergo facelift surgery when premature tissue laxity is present this is a rare condition.  

So although facelift surgery is not something you need to consider at this time, other approaches to enhancing facial appearance that you may benefit from include:

soft tissue enhancement with filler injections
volumization with Sculptra
cheek implants
nose contouring (rhinoplasty)
Botox
A consultation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon should help you narrow your focus and provide you with the best options for your top concerns.

Be well,

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelifting #woundhealing #cosmeticsurgery #BOTOX

Dear ConfusedTampa

Thank you for your questions and photos!  I would not recommend a facelift anytime soon.  An in person consultation would help to clarify what you are seeing and an understanding of the aesthetic result you are looking for .

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

FACELIFT AT 25?

You definitely don't need a facelift but there may be something very simple that would address your concerns. Visit a plastic surgeon experienced in all avenues of facial rejuvenation.  My guess is that good skin care and at the most, fillers and/or Botox would do the trick for you

R. Scott Yarish, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

25 & already needing a facelift...

confusedtampa,

Rest assured that you do not need a facelift! In fact you have quite youthful, feminine features. The only facial reshaping procedure I might suggest is a tip rhinoplasty to soften and further feminize the nasal tip, but if your nose is not a distraction to you, then that is by no means necessary. You have the slightest hint of a tear trough below the lower eyelids which are readily treated with dermal fillers like Restylane Silk (my personal favorite in this area).

In South Florida you have a lot of opportunity to accumulate sun damage, so finding a quality skincare expert (aesthetician) would be worth your while, and you'll thank yourself in 20-30 years. 

Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift for 25 year old

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  Based on the photos and your young age, you definitely do not need a facelift.  You still have a well defined neck and jawline, and a facelift would not provide a significant aesthetic benefit for you.  I would strongly encourage you to seek a consultation with a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and allow them to assess your individual anatomy, concerns, and goals.  There are certainly non-surgical options, such as skin care regimens, skin resurfacing, Botox, and fillers that can help to preserve a youthful appearance in a young lady, and likely delay the need for surgical facial rejuvenation for many years to come.

Michael Boggess, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon