I'm 22 years old with one child and very interested in the Mommy makeover . Any suggestions? (photos)

Is my stomache that bad ? Wanting to get a breast augmentation, lipo and tummy tuck . I loved Doctor Harold Villalobos work and hopefully I qualify for just a mini tummy tuck I'm scared of getting the big scar for a full tummy tuck ...

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Breast implants can be performed at the same time to enhance your shape and size.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Mommy makeover

If you are done having children, and you like Dr. Villalobos work, then call his office for a consultation to discuss your options. If you are considering having more children then it is recommended to have all children before entertaining a tummy tuck.

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

I'm 22 years old with one child and very interested in the Mommy makeover . Any suggestions?

Tummy Tuck and rest Augmentation would be a positive improvement. Only physical exam can determine exact operation that would best apply to you. From your photos- it doesn't appear that you would be a candidate for a mini- tummy tuck. hope this helps

Thank you for your question.  If you're planning on having children in the future, you may want to consider holding off until you're done having kids.  Otherwise, be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to go over your options.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover

Thank you for taking the time to post your question. Do you plan to have any more kids? If you are going to have more children in the near future, I would recommend waiting until after the kids to have surgery. If you are done with childbearing then now is a perfect time. Are you at your baseline/ goal weight? It is always ideal to be at your goal weight prior to any surgery. Sometimes through diet and exercise you can make a lot of change to your body.In your picture your abdominal musculature looks to be loose from your pregnancy. This is best tightened with a tummy tuck and it is usually best to perform the regular tummy tuck to do this. Most people are not candidates for a mini tummy tuck. Breast surgery and liposuction will help enhance your shape and give you more of an hour glass figure.Good luck with your planning!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover options

Thank you for the question and photos.  The best recommendation is to seek consultations with several board certified plastic surgeons.  Doing so will allow you to compare recommendations and reach an understanding of what would be best for you given your desired result.  If your skin is in good shape, simply diet and exercise may be enough to transform your abdominal shape.  Some liposuction may also be beneficial if weight loss is difficult.  A mini tummy tuck may be indicated if the skin below your belly button is loose or becomes loose after the liposuction.  Mini tummy tuck surgery must be considered very carefully since only a small portion of patients are truly great candidates for a mini tummy tuck.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Suggestions for a MM

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and breast augmentation would address your areas of concern. Doing liposuction on the abdomen would make your skin look worse. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #liposuction #breastaugmentation #mommymakeover #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy makeover

You appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation, liposuction, and a tummy tuck.  You didn't mention if you are planning to have more children.  If so, it is best to wait on the tummy tuck until you are through with childbearing.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD