I'm 18, is surgery the only option to get rid of a genetic double chin? Also, what can I do about a wide neck? (photos)

My chin has bothered me for years since I can remember. No matter what weight I am it doesn't seem to completely go away. I was wondering what the best option would be to go about correcting it.

Conservative neck liposuction

As long as you are adhere her ideal body weight, and has a diet resistant fat  located in the neck, a conservative liposuction procedure can accomplish reducing the double chin.  

Genetic double chin

Unfortunately, you are correct in that the area under your chin is made up of fatty tissue that you inherited from your parent(s). However, there is currently a very good nonsurgical option which is available that can permanently remove the fat. It is called Kybella and it is a series of injections done about 8 to 12 weeks apart that dissolves the fat. Alternatively, you can do a limited liposuction of that area to remove the fatty tissue. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon