What is this called? Armpit loose skin. (photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Arm lift arm reduction brachioplasty mini-arm lift crescent arm lift VASER arm liposuction
Thank you for your question about loose arm skin. Since you do not want surgery, all I can suggest is to eat healthy, hire a personal trainer, and emphasize upper arm work-outs. If these conservative measures do not work, you may need VASER arm liposuction. Due to your young age, the VASER can help to contract the upper arm skin. If VASER arm liposuction does not work, you may need an arm lift or a brachioplasty, though I doubt it. Good luck! If you have any other questions regarding an arm lift or brachioplasty, please contact my office. Sincerely, Dr. J. Timothy Katzen
Loose arm skin in a young woman
Thank you for asking about your loose arm skin.
- This looks like a small fold of excess skin.
- If you don't want surgery, laser or radiofrequency may shrink it a little.
- The easiest treatment would be office surgery with local anesthesia to remove the excess skin, hiding the scar in your natural crease.
- It will give you the best and most predictable result and probably cost less than laser/RF treatments.
- One can wish to not have surgery but the field developed because it solves problems other approaches don't solve!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Arm skin excess?
This is pretty normal and it allows full range of motion of the arm. However, you may have a touch of excess which may be readily removed with surgery under local anesthesia. Alternatively, the skin may tighten up with radio-frequency (Thermi) treatments in the office. Best, Dr. ALDO
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.