What is this called? Armpit loose skin. (photo)
Doctor Answers 3
Loose arm skin in a young woman
Thank you for asking about your loose arm skin.
- This looks like a small fold of excess skin.
- If you don't want surgery, laser or radiofrequency may shrink it a little.
- The easiest treatment would be office surgery with local anesthesia to remove the excess skin, hiding the scar in your natural crease.
- It will give you the best and most predictable result and probably cost less than laser/RF treatments.
- One can wish to not have surgery but the field developed because it solves problems other approaches don't solve!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Arm skin excess?
This is pretty normal and it allows full range of motion of the arm. However, you may have a touch of excess which may be readily removed with surgery under local anesthesia. Alternatively, the skin may tighten up with radio-frequency (Thermi) treatments in the office. Best, Dr. ALDO
What is this called? Armpit loose skin.
This is fairly common and if it is loose skin there is not much to do without surgery. Sometimes there is some fat that can be removed as well.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.