Is apple cider vinegar safe to use for removing a mole? (Photo)

apple cider vinegar is safe to use?

Don't Try This At Home--Mole Removal

No, I don't recommend you trying to remove this yourself because it could cause scarring. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. This can be improved or removed with lasers, radiowave or shave. Best, Dr. Emer

Apple Cider

This is an interesting question.   I have seen scores of letters here that support the idea that the vinegar can cause enough inflammation to either partly or totally remove skin lesions, however, there is a problem.  If you try to treat a melanoma with vinegar, you might be doing a great deal of harm to yourself.

There is an old saying that any physician who treats themselves has a fool for a patient.  I think that goes double at times for non-physicians.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist