I was injected 6 days ago in the cheek with Voluma and have a quarter size bruise now. Any suggestions?

How long will the bruise last and is this normal!

Bruising after injection

Bruising after injections typically lasts a week or two.  To help fade the bruise faster you can use Arnica.  It comes in tablet form or cream and can be found at most vitamin stores.

Bruising After Fillers -- Use Cannulas Next Time

Bruising can last 1-2 weeks depending on how bad, pulsed dye laser, venus legacy or microsecond yag can all be used to help reverse it.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Bruises after Voluma

Voluma typically has minimal bruising and swelling compared to other fillers, however bruises are still going to happen.  Treat with Arnica gel or cream, rubbing in 3-4 times a day.  Arnica pills are also available over the counter.  Bromelaine is another natural remedy to heal bruises more quickly; you can buy pill form or go the natural way and eat pineapple.  If your doctor's office has an IPL this can me another way to make bruises go away faster. 

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruising from filler

Bruising after fillers is completely normal and varies for each person on how long it can last. If bruising persists I would recommend seeing your physician to see what treatments they recommend.

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

Bruising from Voluma

Sorry to hear about the bruises from your injections. The best advice now is to take Arnica Forte and you can return to your treating physician for the V-Beam of the areas which will reduce the bruising quickly. Best, Dr Green

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your Voluma. I am sorry to hear of your bruising and I am attaching a link below with useful information as to how to minimize the bruise's appearance.

Bruise After Filler

I have Voluma in my face and had a bruise initially.
It will go away shortly, but I can't give you an exact day.

I believe that once the bruise is formed, warm compresses help it clear faster.
And Arnica gel, a homeopathic preparation is often helpful too.
One of my friends, a vein specialist swears that it makes bruises clear fast.
It certainly won't hurt to try it.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist