Tattoo removal, what laser for best results? (photo)

I have started to look into tattoo removal after receiving a tattoo last month that I am very unhappy happy with. There are a lot of laser tattoo removal clinics in the area but I was wondering what laser would work best on a tattoo like mine?

What Laser Is Best for Tattoo Removal? PicoWay Is Efficient and Pain-Free

The PicoWay uses intense bursts of pressure rather than light to shatter tattoo pigment so that it can be processed and eliminated by the body. Therefore, most people tolerate it very well. Your tattoo is composed of dark ink, which is the easiest to remove, but it will take at least five to six sessions before your tattoo will be eliminated. A board-certified dermatologist who is expert at tattoo removal can tell you more in a consultation.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Which laser is best?

For a black tattoo you want to start treatments with a Nd: Yag 1064 nano second treatment and then move into treating with a Pico second laser once some fading occurs.  Black responds really well to tattoo removal, but depending on the amount of ink present can take a number of treatments to remove.  Good luck with your removal.

Which laser is best?

Thick black tattoo removal

The best laser is a 1064 nm laser which has both nano and picosecond pulses. I use the Piqo4 for this. Other laser which can do this are the Picoway and Enlighten. The Piqo4 has the largest spot size and most power so the treatments are safest and clearance will be the fastest.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Thick black tattoo removal

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Tattoo removal

we use the Picosure by Cynosure which is the most advanced laser for tattoo removal available.  It is the least painful and requires the fewest treatments. Good luck! DSR

Tattoo removal

Laser

I would recommend the new cutting edge PICO technology for the best result. Typically it takes 6-15 treatments spaced out every 6-8 weeks

Laser

Laser Tattoo Removal Facts--Takes a series of treatments

Tattoos should be removed with q switched or pico lasers. Most Doctors have their preferred laser. I use the Medio Star/Tattoo Star Combo. It will take a series of treatments for removal. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a laser tattoo removal expert. Best, Dr. Emer