What size implant for my body shape? (Photos)

I'm 20 y/o, 5'4", and go between 140-150 lbs. I'm including measurements for a better picture. Last measurement my hips were 42 & waist 26-27. I'm attracted to high profile implants but are not sure they would look ok on my frame due to seeing them mostly on petite women. I would also like to know if implants would create cleavage for me seeing as I have none. I have already requested a consultation with a PS. Just wanted a few opinions ahead of time.

What implant size to choose?

I personally like external sizing as its simple and has been accurate in my experience when using unlined bras and adding 10% to the sizer volume desired.  Due to your anatomy, you will have folds that are lower and potentially have some kind of double bubble deformity but my patients are told to focus on the upper pole and how level they are since that is what everyone else sees.  So you can be larger but there may be imperfections.  As for achieving your wish goals, hard to say that will happen.  The only guarantee I give with implants is that you will be fuller and larger... and my own personal goal is that you can go topless and be very comfortable.

Implant size

Thank you for your question and photos. It is still difficult to say for sure without an in person exam and breast measurements but I would say you might need a moderate plus profile to help give you cleavage and upper pole fullness.  You also appear to need well into the 500 cc range to get the look you wish.  Best of make in person appointments with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area.  Best of luck to you 

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Breast implant size reocmmendations

i would recommend selecting implant size based on the bio dimensions of your chest and breast frame. 

What size implant for my body shape?

Implant size will be based on a measurement of the base width of your breast which will be measured by your surgeon. Be aware of your asymmetry which may require a larger implant on the smaller side. The larger side may need a minor nipple lift. For more on asymmetry please read below:

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice for cases like yours I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400- 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implant size

Choosing the right implant for you would require an exam in person and a discussion about your goals. One can not choose an implant precisely without the exam.

Breast augmentation and lift

The only way for you to have a substantial implant placed, to get round aesthetically pleasing breasts, to have medial cleavage, and to have upper pole fullness is to consider a simultaneous breast lift and implant augmentaiton. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Implant Size

Congratulations on your decision to have a breast augmentation.  One of the best ways to determine a breast implant size is to allow you to chose it.  That way there is no quessing as to what YOU want!  With the gummy bear implants that we are using today, this is done by first measuring your chest wall to see what size implant would work in terms of dimensions, especially the implant diameter.  After that, what we do at our office is to allow you to try on implants in a bra so you can decide what size range you like.  From there we can chose an implant that has the right diameter at the base and the right projection to give you the size you are looking for. 

This method works out very well and patients are very happy without having to get confused by all of the information about sizing that is here on the internet!

Sientra implants work very well above the muscle which allows for better positioning of the implants for patients who have breasts that are set quite wide apart.  This allows us to get your breasts to look closer together so that you can have some cleavage.

I have added a web reference and a video that should be of some helps for you.  There is also information about 24 hour rapid recovery breast augmentation on the website that you may want to consider as well.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size ?

Hello. Thank your for your question in regard breast augmentation.

It is important when considering a breast augmentation to have a clear communication with your plastic surgeon in regarding your goals.  There is a combination of methods that use as surgeons tried to which desired look.  Some of these methods include plead examination, breast diameter measurements and nipple to inframammary fold measurements, the dimensional computer systems and implant sizers.

Your PS should have discussed the pros and cons of the different implants. There are many sizes that would look great on you and you should work closely with your PS to find the ideal size.

In your specific case I WOULD FAVOR a dual plane method, probably a moderate plus or HP in your specific case.. It is obvious based on this forum that plastic surgeons will have different answers for you. It is important that you discuss the pros and cons with your plastic surgeon to determine the best position.

The incisions of the Dual Plane breast augmentation surgery include:

Decrease Risk of Capsular Contracture- due to the submuscular position of the implants

More natural appearance

Once small, inconspicuous exterior incision

More natural movement as you walk.

Best of luck of your surgery !