I had lipo done on my inner thighs. On my left upper thigh there is a large soft lump? (Photo)

This large soft lump seems to be growing. My surgeon is out of town. I called her office and her staff said its normal to be lumpy and bumpy. The area was more painful than the other areas but not so much anymore. Its a perfect circle. I argued with the staff at the office that I did not feel this was the normal "lumpy and bumpy" after lipo that they told me about. I went in and say a physician assistant who stated its from the procedure. I am not comfortable with this as I feel like it's not normal.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- SEROMA

I suggest you see an expert who can evaluate this area and consider drainage.  This looks like a seroma.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - is the large, soft lump normal?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction result.
  • I am sorry you are going through this -
  • You are right, the PA is wrong - this is not normal and it is the problem when doctors have non-doctors substitute for them.
  • It is probably a seroma or liquified fat - only an exam will tell.
  • First, send the practice the photo and ask to have it forwarded to your own surgeon asking if you should wait to see her or if she can direct you to the plastic surgeon covering her practice while she is away.
  • If it becomes red, painful, hard or you develop chills or a fever - it is infected and you need to be seen urgently by the surgeon, an Urgent Care Center or an ER.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS