Breast Pain after surgery.

I've had 3 Breast Augmentations. This 3rd one is very concerning one of my breasts is VERY painful, swollen and is making a swishing sound. I have textured silicone gel, (first time I've always had saline.) The pain in my right breast feels like its on fire. OR someone is taking a peeler to the inside of my skin. I don't think this is normal. Could there be an infection? My left breast is normal no pain or problems it looks like its setting nicely. 3 days post -op

Breast Pain After Surgery?

The "swishing" sound could represent a seroma. A dramatic increase in pain during an otherwise normal recovery can be the first sign of an infection. These are problems that should be reported to your surgeon as soon as possible. 

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast Pain after surgery.

You describe pain, swelling and a "swishing" sound in one breast 3 days after surgery.  This means you have either blood, serum or a mixture of both surrounding your implant.  You need to return to your surgeon ASAP to have this addressed.  Best wishes. 

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain and swelling three days after change of breast implant.

From your description you may have a hematoma or collection of blood, seroma or collection of serum or some other complications such as infection.  You should call your doctor's office and be seen today.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Pain fter 3rd augmentation is unusual

We don't know all that was done but what you describe is NOT normal so please call your docotor to be seen today.

Breast Pain after surgery.

Yes, there is something quite wrong. You need to be seen ASAP by your surgeon.                                                                                                 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD