I'm 5'0 ft tall 130 pound. I have a 34a size and got a 575cc is this size to big for me.

Breast Augmentation: Information

Dear Ms. Dteng,
Thank you for your information and questions.

Nothing substitutes for a personal evaluation, a review of your medical history/medications and a face to face discussion of your options.

Unfortunately with out photos and a exam of your tissues I can can only comment based your story, however I hope you find my comments helpful.

Breast size is a very personal choice. What seems large to one woman is considered small to another and vice versa.

Sizing while extremely important, however, is only one of the many considerations needed to obtain the results and appearance you desire.

Like any decision we make the greater the information we have, the more research
completed, the more opinions we solicit and then based on our unique desire and perspective we make the decision. Likewise in choosing implant size (which is a very personal choice). There is no one "perfect" method or answer to your question.

Hopefully you will the following helpful:
1) research completed
A) in office sizers (I personally prefer the Mentor form fitting silicone sizing system)
B) at home "rice bag sizing"
C) Vectra computerized simulation
D) photos of desired appearance

2)Opinions
A) I recommend that you make several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally they are members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).
B) Real Self
3) Intraoperative execution: sizers, surgeons skills and experience

Your final decision will be a "compilation" of all of the above.

Please continue your search and study until you feel comfortable with your decision.

I wish you my best and success,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.

Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture. Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

What is too big?

Everyone has their own opinion of what may be too big but that size your frame sounds like it will be too large.  But if you've been properly counseled and know that it would make your life like paradise and are willing to accept the risks that will come down the road, only you can decide if its too big for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

When you say you got a 575cc implant, does that mean you have had your surgery already? In which case, you yourself should be able to tell whether your implant is too large or not. Now, if you mean you have chosen a 575cc implant, presumably by trying on sizers, and your surgery is upcoming, I would say that 575cc implants are pretty large in a 5'0" tall woman, and you must be sure that you want to be that much larger, that you desire the amount of upper pole bulging (the very obviously implanted look) that this implant may give you unless your skin and tissues are really loose and stretchy, and that the width of the implant will not be too wide for your breast and chest or you may suffer significant problems in the future that can be difficult and expensive to treat. 

Thank you for your question. Without a physical exam, measurement, or at least a picture, it is very hard to give you specific advice as to what is "too big" for you. With your listed height/weight, my initial impression is that 575 cc implant is quite large. Also, I am not sure what profile or manufacturer of implant you are considering but if that is a moderate profile 575cc implant, that would have a base width of around 14.8 cm. I would guess that with your small size, the width of your breast is not that wide, and thus an implant of this size would produce a poor result. I encourage you to have a discussion with your local board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your goals. If you want to get as much volume as you can for your size, there are higher profile implants that have less width, but deciding on this could only be done after an exam and a discussion.

Good sizing systems to decide which implant size is best for you prior to the operation.

From your description the breast implants would be extremely large for your frame. Nevertheless, there are sizing systems allow you to try this on preoperatively. A higher profile will almost assuredly be necessary if you choose to go with this large volume.

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. It is truly impossible to provide accurate information without a photo. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Probably

You have an extremely large implant.  How does it look?  Did you get the look you were trying to achieve?

Implant size

Choosing a size is all about a healthy conversation between you and your plastic surgeon. Anatomy and the size of your breast "footprint" or dimensions of your chest can help pick an implant. The thickness of the overlying breast is also an important factor in implant selection. Different implants have different projection and this varies by manufacturer. Picking the right implant for you depends on a number of factors. Good luck, MMT