C section vs Tummy tuck incision?

I've had 3 c sectons and I'm planning on getting a tummy tuck next year. I was wondering if there is a way to remove my c section scar by having the tt incision placed below the c section incision or does the tt incision line have to go along the c section incision line? I tried to upload a picture of my scar but the computer isn't allowing me to. My c section scar is beautiful considering it's a scar, very light and very neat and about 4.5" in length.

You can have your Csection scar removed

It is a simple matter to remove your Csection scar when you have your TT. The surgeon can easily put the new incision just below your Csection scar.
When you meet your PS just express your desires to him.

Good luck
David Berman

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

C-section and TT scar

Hello there. Most surgeons remove the C-section scar by placing a longer, low-lying scar to allow adequate removal of excess skin, and fat. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Dr. B

C section vs Tummy tuck incision?

Many patients who undergo tummy tucks have had prior C-sections. Usually the old C-section scar is removed during the tummy tuck. The scar from a tummy tuck is longer than that from a C-section. The  length depends on individual anatomy and the required extent of the procedure.

I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with the plastic surgeon and have a consultation to see what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Remove C-sxn scar

You can absolutely put the incision down low for a tummy tuck scar.  The c-sxn scar comes out along with all of the skin below your umbilicus.
My best,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Tummy tuck

I appreciate your question.
I usually put the incision lower than the c-section to remove that and the scar tissue

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Tummy tuck incision/scar vs C section

The tummy tuck incision should always go below the C-section scar.  That will allow the C-section scar to be removed along with the abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) segment. 

Christopher J. Schaffer, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck incision

Almoonte,

Thanks for your question.  It is not necessary to have photos for your type of question.  I always excise (cut out) the horizontal C-section scar when doing an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  Normally, the scar goes down below the c-section scar and upward on each side as you approach the hip bones.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Tummy tuck question

Thank you for your question. Your tummy talk incision does not have to go through your C-section scar. The most normal situation in my practice is to place the tummy tuck incision below previous C-section scar, thus removing the C-section scar as part of the abdominoplasty. All of this will depend on  your body habitus and the actual location of your C-section scar. Schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon who can examine you and review your options with you. Good luck.

Yes C section scar removed with Tummy tuck

Thank you for the question. In almost all cases the C section scar is removed with the tummy tuck. So the tummy tuck scar will be lower and longer to remove the excess skin. 

Good luck!
Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

C section vs Tummy tuck incision

Thank you for your question. Usually we remove c section scar at the time of TT so that they don't have two scars. Also depending on where your C- section scar presently. Pl consult PS for evaluation.