Am I a candidate for SculpSure? (photos)

I'm a 58 year old female who has always lived a healthy active lifestyle . I'm 5' 5 1/2'' tall and weigh 140 lbs... I workout 4 to 5 times a week. I am not interested in surgery. Can I achieve results with SculpSure that include stubborn far reduction and tightening of my me section

Candidate for SculpSure?

SculpSure is the world's first FDA indicated laser for non surgical contouring of the abdomen and flanks.  It works best on people at or near their ideal body weight.  On average, 24% of the targeted fat cells are eliminated per treatment session.  Each session lasts 25 minutes with no down time and no anesthesia.  The sessions are not painful and can be repeated if necessary.

Based on your photos, you would be an ideal candidate for SculpSure.  Since the technology is new (only approved in October 2015) we are still leaning how to best treat our patients.  I would recommend around 10-12 applicator heads in a "treat to complete" program for you.

Good Luck!

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr Schwartz 

You are definitely a good candidate for Sculpsure

you are a very good candidate since you do have fat that would be beneficial to decrease. In addition, these areas are quite a reasonable size.

you should plan on having at least 2 treatments, 6 weeks apart to each area. 

another option, if you do not get as much of a dramatic change, is Smartlipo. however, i think you should do very nicely with the Sculpsure. It is good to know that there are other options that are more aggressive, like Smartlpo. The advantage of seeing a plastic surgeon who offers both - is he can give you the advantages and disadvantages of each procedure, after examining you in real life.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for SculpSure?

Yes, I certainly think you are a reasonable candidate for SculpSure, particularly if you are not interested in surgery. You can expect up to a 24% reduction in the volume of fat in the treated area, so you will likely need several treatments to meet your goals, but what is great about SculpSure is that it is so easy to undergo, with no downtime, no need for anesthesia, little to no discomfort, and it can be repeated as often as needed.

SmartLipo

Thanks for your question and photos. SculpSure is the revolutionary new non-surgical treatment targeting fat in body areas resistant to diet and exercise - the areas that bother you! It may help upper and lower abs and flanks. Always best to have an in-person consultation with a board certified dermatologist. Hope this helps! Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure Candidates

Thank you for your question. You appear to have good skin quality, and you also have some fat in your midsection that can likely be treated with SculpSure. In clinical studies, SculpSure can eliminate up to 24% of the fat cells per treatment - however, the actual result can vary from patient to patient. Without examining you, you would likely need between 4-6 clicks or treatment frames to treat your central abdomen. I would also suggest repeating the treatment in approximately 6 weeks to truly maximize your results. While SculpSure does not tighten the skin primarily, because it takes some time for the full effects - roughly 6 weeks to 3 months - it does give your skin some time to snap back. It looks as if you had had surgery on your left lower abdomen - assuming you do not have a hernia, and you are still able to feel sensation in this area, you should be a great candidate. But, nothing takes the place of an in-person examination and consultation. Best of luck! 

Sculpsure

At our office we offer both minimally invasive Laserlipo and non-invasive fat reduction like Sculpsure. You will get a better result with Laserlipo, but Sculpsure is a good alternative for people who want a non-invasive alternative without any downtime. One applicator is about the size of a deck of cards and you can apply 4 applicators at the same time during a treatment. One treatment session reduces the amount of fat in the treated area by about 20-25%. Most people require at least 2 treatments to be happy with the results. Based on your pictures I estimate that you will need about 5-6 applicators for your abdomen and 2-3 applicators for each flank per treatment. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Sculpsure/Candidate--VASER Hi Definition Liposuction Body Contouring with Fat Grafting--VANQUISH/Cellutone

SculpSure may a good possibility because you are fit and need a small problem area treated. I have a significant number of patients who want more definition and do this Sculpsure combined with VANQUISH/Cellutone. If you decide you want more athletic definition, try a VASER HI DEF 4D contouring liposuction procedure. See an expert for an evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Looking for non surgical fat reduction.

You appear to be a good candidate for SculptSure due to the fact that you are in great physical condition, have focal fat deposits within the abdominal region alone and appear to have a relatively low BMI. However the degree of abdominal flattening which could be obtained also depends on whether or not you have had children causing abdominal wall laxity. SculptSure should reduce the subcutaneous fat in the treated areas by about 24% per treatment. Often times it is best to receive a second treatment in the same areas at a later date in order to obtain a more thorough/cumulative fatty reduction. The beauty of SculptSure in someone like yourself is that there is no dowtime and no recovery therefore  your exercise regimen can continue without disruption. Best of Luck!

Great Candidate

Yes you are a great candidate for SculpSure!

SculpSure is intended for aesthetic non-invasive lipolysis (fat reduction) of the flank and abdomen. This quick procedure takes 25 minutes, and it can destroy up to 24% of treated fat cells. I would recommend a minimum of 3 to 4 treatments every 6 weeks to achieve optimal results in your mid-section. Because SculpSure uses heat wavelength technology, some people may experience slight skin tightening effects from the treatment!

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon