I'm 4 weeks post op 450cc silicone gel hp under muscle. Any suggestions? (photos)

450cc hp under muscle implants have the dropped yet ? One seems higher and larger then other under muscpe and was wondering if my implants have dropped sufficiently and my incisions are healed well thanks in advamce

Breast augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

How are things looking 4 weeks after breast augmentation

The slight asymmetry that you are describing or that is seen in your photos appears quite normal for one month after surgery. It is most likely due to some remaining swelling or slight asymmetries of your breasts that was present before surgery. Your breasts will continue to soften and drop over the next few months. Your scars appear to be doing well. Scars are usually firm or rubbery feeling for up to 3-4 months and don't achieve their best color or appearance for 9-12 months. You can massage your scars with a topical scar gel to help this process along. 

Jennifer Geoghegan, MD

Implant position

The degree of difference you are describing could be just swelling more one the higher side or the fact that in the photos you are holding your shoulder higher  -in additional there is likely to be some pre op difference in breast position as in most patients

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question and photo. At 4 weeks post op you will have seen some change but you are not finished healing and settling yet. It will take about 2-6 months for the implants to fully drop when placed under the muscle. Some asymmetry is normal while settling. I recommend that you let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have any concerns about your progress.

All the best 

Breast augmentation - how do things look after 4 weeks

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I agree that your scars are still thick - over the counter silicone strips can help flatten them.
  • One implant is sitting higher than the other - it should catch up in time.
  • Please have your surgeon approve your use of silicone scar strips -
  • And see her/him for a six week follow up to be sure all your questions are answered.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

4 weeks post op Breast Augemntation

Hello and thank you for sharing your photos. You are doing very well. Keep in mind that a breast aunentation is like having two procedures done at once, one on each breast. They will heal differently. One might have more swelling then the other and one will most likely drop sooner then the other. But some asymmetries will always be present because most breasts are not identical prior to surgery, and these asymmetries might just be more apparent after surgery then before the procedure. When the swelling goes down and you are fully healed things will be much different.  

Keep following up with your PS and you will do great. 

Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD